The Student Room Group

Is grade 6 in GCSE a bad grade

Is grade 6 in all subjects across the board for gcse bad?
Depends on what you want to do; if you want to study medicine at uni it can be perceived as catastrophic by many applicants but something like accountancy won't really be affected by it.
Reply 2
Original post by Levi.-
Depends on what you want to do; if you want to study medicine at uni it can be perceived as catastrophic by many applicants but something like accountancy won't really be affected by it.

I want to get Into finance when I’m older, so yeah
Original post by Smoky saif
I want to get Into finance when I’m older, so yeah

depends what sector of finance, companies don't look at GCSEs but your A-levels and university are important so unless your GCSEs affect those you will be fine. For example, if you wanted to do investment banking (and maximise your chances to be rich/succesful) you'd need to apply to target universities which are very competitive and most likely will look at your gcses. Oxford definitely will and the others it depends what courses really but I'd imagine all successful applicants will have atleast a few 8/9s under the belt. Do some research.
Depends what the 6 is in - if it's in RS or some soft subject you're okay, if it's in BS or Maths (since you are going into finance) not so good.
Reply 5
Original post by LiberOfLondon
Depends what the 6 is in - if it's in RS or some soft subject you're okay, if it's in BS or Maths (since you are going into finance) not so good.

Oh ok I understand, tbh for business I feel like I can achieve grade 7-9 and maths likewise. So I should be good then.
Reply 6
BEenus only recieved ni9es in their GCSE exams good luck in the future if you are getting 6s

YOULL NEED IT

wa wa beenus and out

Quick Reply

Latest