The Student Room Group

Dietetics 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I’m doing an access course too! I will be 27 in March. I currently have an interview for London met waiting to hear back from Surrey. How is your access course going? Good luck!
Original post by fluffyfig
I'm a mature student, I'll turn 26 in November! Currently doing an Access Science course at college :smile:

At least I won’t be the oldest 😉😂 what are you hoping to be your first choice?
Reply 22
London met based on my location. I have visited the uni twice and I’m really impressed with their science lab! Oh god 27 does seem old but there’s no age limit on learning!
Original post by Caitlinis17
I have applied to Surrey, Chester, Plymouth and Winchester. I have my interview for Plymouth next week do you have any advice?

Honestly, it was the most laid back interview out of all of the ones I did. On the individual one I only got asked 3 questions over a kitchen counter. It was literally like a conversation and they gave me an offer on the day. Just be yourself and seem interested and everything will be fine! With the group task, you can’t give a wrong answer so as long as you participate within the group, you’ll be fine! Good luck!
Original post by lydia_morgan21
Honestly, it was the most laid back interview out of all of the ones I did. On the individual one I only got asked 3 questions over a kitchen counter. It was literally like a conversation and they gave me an offer on the day. Just be yourself and seem interested and everything will be fine! With the group task, you can’t give a wrong answer so as long as you participate within the group, you’ll be fine! Good luck

Thank you so much, I am really nervous. Well done for getting in!! :smile:
Original post by Caitlinis17
Thank you so much, I am really nervous. Well done for getting in!! :smile:

Don’t be nervous! I’m sure you’ll do great! Which one do you think will be your firm choice uni? 😊
Reply 26
Has anyone got an interview in Cardiff on the 1st feb or cov next Wednesday? I have chester interview on the 22nd just waiting to hear back from kings now
Reply 27
Original post by ldn7601
Has anyone got an interview in Cardiff on the 1st feb or cov next Wednesday? I have chester interview on the 22nd just waiting to hear back from kings now

Hey, i have an interview for cardiff on the 1st :smile:
Original post by lydia_morgan21
Don’t be nervous! I’m sure you’ll do great! Which one do you think will be your firm choice uni? 😊

I don't really know yet I have interviews coming up for all my unis so I am going to see them and see which one I prefer.
:smile:
Reply 29
Hey I have applied for nutrition and dietetics at Kings, Nottingham, Hertfordshire and Surrey. I also applied to Reading for my back up nutrition choice.I’ve heard back from all unis except Surrey- bit worried that they haven’t got back to me might email them- I sent my UCAS off on the 6th.I have had one interview so far at Kings- honestly it was quite tough and I don’t really like the MMI format and the questions were very knowledge based and scientific.I have my interview for Hertfordshire tomorrow- I’ll update and let you know how that goes.My interviews for Nottingham and Reading are in February.
Reply 30
I haven’t heard back from Surrey either
Original post by Dietetics17_17
I’m doing an access course too! I will be 27 in March. I currently have an interview for London met waiting to hear back from Surrey. How is your access course going? Good luck!

Thank you, good luck to you too!
I'm loving the access course, I've met lovely people at college and the tutors are great. I'm doing Chemistry, Biology and Psychology, what about you? So far I've completed two graded assignments and surprised myself by getting Distinction in both :biggrin:
Original post by Malz27
Hey I have applied for nutrition and dietetics at Kings, Nottingham, Hertfordshire and Surrey. I also applied to Reading for my back up nutrition choice.I’ve heard back from all unis except Surrey- bit worried that they haven’t got back to me might email them- I sent my UCAS off on the 6th.I have had one interview so far at Kings- honestly it was quite tough and I don’t really like the MMI format and the questions were very knowledge based and scientific.I have my interview for Hertfordshire tomorrow- I’ll update and let you know how that goes.My interviews for Nottingham and Reading are in February.

I'm curious, did you send off UCAS on January 6th? I am eagerly waiting to hear back from Kings because it's my first choice and I really want to get to the interview stage. I don't know if I should ask but what kind of tough questions were there? You don't have to tell me though :biggrin:
Reply 33
Well done that’s amazing. I’m enjoying college too. I’m doing biology and chemistry and maths plus study skills that’s ungraded. So far I’ve managed to get 3 distinctions and 1 Merit which was my first assignment and I was still getting to grasp with it all. Good luck for the rest of your course.
Reply 34
Guys, i’m really worried as i have yet to receive an interview invite from Coventry :/

Nottingham, Plymouth, Cardiff Met, Hertfordshire have all invited me to interviews so i’m a bit worried..
Reply 35
Anyone else have a conditional or unconditional offer from Chester?
Hi guys!!
I'll have an interview for LondonMet for Dietetics in a couple of days and I'm worried cause it will be my first interview ever!
Any advice?
Also, Hertfordshire still didn't say anything yet, should I be worried?
Thank you so much
Reply 37
They gave me an interview for May which is abit far away , is your interview for an undergraduate or post
Original post by Dietetics17_17
They gave me an interview for May which is abit far away , is your interview for an undergraduate or post

Undergraduate. And I’m a EU student, I don’t know if that has any influence on the process
Reply 39
Has anyone heard back from surrey or nottingham? I have an interview from surrey and i'm super nervous, i've never had an interview in the MMI format before, is it based more on scientific knowledge? Also, i've had my interview from hertfordshire, has anyone else got an offer from them or thinking of studying there? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest