The Student Room Group

Student finance for second degree??

I dropped out of university in second year after repeating a year. (So total 3 years)
I was at uni 2020 and 21 so the covid years.
I’m really keen to get a degree in a different subject, but I was wondering how I can do this. I know I’m entitled to one more year of funding. But would I have to self fund the other two years?
What course do you want to study?
Original post by Rainbow1768
I dropped out of university in second year after repeating a year. (So total 3 years)
I was at uni 2020 and 21 so the covid years.
I’m really keen to get a degree in a different subject, but I was wondering how I can do this. I know I’m entitled to one more year of funding. But would I have to self fund the other two years?

Hi there, is this for a full time course and what course would this be? Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, is this for a full time course and what course would this be? Thanks, Jason

Full time and potentially a healthcare related course. Considering radiography/ paramedic science.
Full time and potentially a healthcare related course. Considering radiography/ paramedic science.

Hi there,

Radiotherapy is one of our Allied Health Profession Courses which is classed as an exception course. Therefore if you already hold a degree or have previous study, you will still be eligible to access the full package of funding. Paramedic Science isn't an exception course so previous study will be taken into account.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 5
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Radiotherapy is one of our Allied Health Profession Courses which is classed as an exception course. Therefore if you already hold a degree or have previous study, you will still be eligible to access the full package of funding. Paramedic Science isn't an exception course so previous study will be taken into account.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi there, I stated radiography not radiotherapy.
Hi there, I stated radiography not radiotherapy.

Apologies, Radiotherapy is also classed as one of our Allied Health Profession Courses.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 7
Original post by Claire SFE
Apologies, Radiotherapy is also classed as one of our Allied Health Profession Courses.

Thanks,
Claire

Thanks, would you be able to give me a list of all healthcare related courses exempt?
I was also wondering whether paramedic science will ever be on this list?
Thanks, would you be able to give me a list of all healthcare related courses exempt?
I was also wondering whether paramedic science will ever be on this list?

Allied Health Profession Courses

Chiropody
Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
Dietetics
Dietetics and nutrition*
Midwifery (Degree Level)
Nursing (Degree Level)
Nursing and social work** (Dual honours)
Occupational therapy
Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
Orthoptics
Physiotherapy
Podiatry
Prosthetics and Orthotics
Radiography
Radiotherapy
Speech and language therapy

We wouldn't know if Paramedic Science is going to be added or not. We get updated every year by the government to advise us whether this list changes or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending