The Student Room Group

Can u get into uni (medicine) with btec health and social care

So heyy I’m a y10 student trying to decide what subject i should do. I am really interested in health and social care because i want to study medicine and i also study triple science (separate sciences) but i heard that you can’t study medicine if you had health and social care as subject (btec) so is it true or not please explain why too thankyouuu
Reply 1
Original post by Kendrajksn
So heyy I’m a y10 student trying to decide what subject i should do. I am really interested in health and social care because i want to study medicine and i also study triple science (separate sciences) but i heard that you can’t study medicine if you had health and social care as subject (btec) so is it true or not please explain why too thankyouuu

Unfortunately you cant however if you pick level 3 Btec applied science you can get into biomedical science for 1 year and transfer into medicine via with your university
Original post by Kendrajksn

For medicine, you need A level chemistry plus one other science/maths and a third A level of your choice. Many applicants would do A level chemistry, biology and maths/physics but the third A level can be anything really.

Level 3 BTEC in health and social care isn't an adequate preparation for medicine.
Original post by Reality Check
For medicine, you need A level chemistry plus one other science/maths and a third A level of your choice. Many applicants would do A level chemistry, biology and maths/physics but the third A level can be anything really.

Level 3 BTEC in health and social care isn't an adequate preparation for medicine.

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending