The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I also think that we have so little time together, and it will already be time to leave right after I get there, but once you're there, you forget about all that, and just really enjoy being together, living each moment. Hopefully it will be like that for you.
Reply 2581
my boyfriend just ended it today at about 1pm

the reasons? uni.

and it's my birthday tomorrow :frown:
:)x
my boyfriend just ended it today at about 1pm

the reasons? uni.

and it's my birthday tomorrow :frown:

Oh no... poor you :frown: *hugs*
Why is uni a reason?

My bf's coming up tomorrow for a few days, he's going to try and end it too. But I'm going to try and talk him into just giving eachother some space for a while :s-smilie:
That's bad :frown: I'm sorry to hear that.
sharpesparkle
Why is uni a reason?

My bf's coming up tomorrow for a few days, he's going to try and end it too. But I'm going to try and talk him into just giving eachother some space for a while :s-smilie:

How do you know he is? Did he say that? :hugs:
sharpesparkle
Why is uni a reason?

Did he say he was coming to end it, or is it still that feeling you have?

Sorry to hear that :smile:x, maybe you guys can still work out. what reasons does 'uni' mean?:frown:
Reply 2586
sharpesparkle
Why is uni a reason?

he's at uni and i'm not.
he's an unthoughtful ****, which is why i get moody and that and the distance between us has just broken us up.
for my birthday he bought me a ******* diary.
a diary.

i know he's skint but WTF?!

anyway yeah so he said he doesn't love me as much anymore, i decided to ask him a few questions, then i walked out, he didn't stop me, and since then he hasn't even contacted me...

i'm so angry and upset!

anyway, are you sure your boyfriend is going to end things?
in a way i'm glad that i was strong and walked out rather than grovelling him to gve us another chance :smile:

hope everything works out for you all x
Reply 2587
Hi! I've just been having a read through some of these posts and thought maybe someone could give me an opinion on this other than just parents and friends lol...

I'm 18 and have been with my bf for a year and a half now. We decided really early on that we'd stay together when he went to uni in september, and even thought it's 6 hours away by train, it's going better than either of us thought it would! I'll be going to uni this year, and my first choice is only an hour from him, which would be perfect, but if I don't get the grades, I'm not sure where to put for my second choice. I've applied to the same uni which he is at and have been accepted, but am really unsure about if it would be a good idea to go... he's really excited about the idea of us being together in the same place and so am I, but what if something happened and we split? What do you guys think? Thanks!
lowra
Hi! I've just been having a read through some of these posts and thought maybe someone could give me an opinion on this other than just parents and friends lol...

I'm 18 and have been with my bf for a year and a half now. We decided really early on that we'd stay together when he went to uni in september, and even thought it's 6 hours away by train, it's going better than either of us thought it would! I'll be going to uni this year, and my first choice is only an hour from him, which would be perfect, but if I don't get the grades, I'm not sure where to put for my second choice. I've applied to the same uni which he is at and have been accepted, but am really unsure about if it would be a good idea to go... he's really excited about the idea of us being together in the same place and so am I, but what if something happened and we split? What do you guys think? Thanks!

I'd put it down as your second choice (your boyfriends Uni). I know there is a chance you might split but do you think that's likely?
If you like the Uni and the area, then the fact your boyfriend is there is an added bonus.
Even if you were to break up I don't think you'd even have to come into contact with him all that much.
I think its a positive sign that he's really excited about it as it shows he wants your relationship to last. Maybe the idea of being so close in the end will give you the added drive to make it through the next few months.

I've applied to Uni near where my boyfriend is. About 20 minutes away by bus, it was the best choice for me - but its an amazing thought knowing that I'll be closer to him by September and the distance will be really cut down :smile:
Reply 2589
I'm definately going to put it down as a second choice, I honestly can't see us ever breaking up but doesn't everyone think that? The fact that we've made it through the first semester so easily is so reassuring, and I'd love to be able to just pop over and see him whenever I want like it is when we're back!

The only thing is that his uni have offered me lower than my first choice so I'll definately get in if it comes to it, but it's not the best place for my course... that said I'd much rather be close to him than be at a better uni far away :smile:
lowra

In first year, I ended up at the same uni as my then-boyfriend. It all went hideously wrong over the first Easter holiday, and I haven't seen him since! As long as you have some separate friends, most universities are so big that you hardly see anyone more than once unless you have classes with them. (I'm at Aberdeen which has about 15,000 students, btw).

I'm now 400 miles (9 hour train journey) away from my boyfriend of over a year and a half, and that's doable too - just means spending some of the money some students spend on going out on train fares instead!

Make sure your insurance uni is one that you'd be happy going to, don't just put it on because it's the one your boyfriend's at. If you'd like to go to the uni though, go for it, just make sure you keep some of your own friends/interests.

Good luck!
Reply 2591
Thank you! I've been up there twice and am going again in two weeks, its a really nice place, the people are lovely and I can see myself being really happy there :smile:
:)x
he's at uni and i'm not.
he's an unthoughtful ****, which is why i get moody and that and the distance between us has just broken us up.
for my birthday he bought me a ******* diary.
a diary.

i know he's skint but WTF?!

anyway yeah so he said he doesn't love me as much anymore, i decided to ask him a few questions, then i walked out, he didn't stop me, and since then he hasn't even contacted me...

i'm so angry and upset!

anyway, are you sure your boyfriend is going to end things?
in a way i'm glad that i was strong and walked out rather than grovelling him to gve us another chance :smile:

hope everything works out for you all x

Yeah, we've kind of tacitly (sp?) acknowledged that that's what we'll be talking about this weekend. So, I'm just going to be fun and bubbly and show him the sights of Leeds, and see what happens.

I'm so sorry your boyfriend turned out to be such a ****. I know it doesn't seem this way at the moment, but you are better off without him. A boyfriend who gets you a diary for your birthday and makes no effort to stop you when you leave is not a boyfriend worth having! Unless it's a diamond encrusted diary.
lowra
Thank you! I've been up there twice and am going again in two weeks, its a really nice place, the people are lovely and I can see myself being really happy there :smile:

What unis are you applying to? (btw, you're so lucky to live in Shaftesbury - my aunt lives near there, and I was born down there too, I love Dorset and the downs :smile:)

:hugs: for the :smile:x, I'm sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend, but ditto what Sharpesparkle said just now!

Sharpesparkle - hope this weekend goes better than you think, and you end up happy, whatever happens :hugs:
Me Myself I
What unis are you applying to? (btw, you're so lucky to live in Shaftesbury - my aunt lives near there, and I was born down there too, I love Dorset and the downs :smile:)

:hugs: for the :smile:x, I'm sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend, but ditto what Sharpesparkle said just now!

Sharpesparkle - hope this weekend goes better than you think, and you end up happy, whatever happens :hugs:

Thank you. Ohhh I love you guys! It's really great to have the support on this thread and to hear how everyone else is doing.
I'll keep you posted :smile:

PS. I love Dorset too! I went to school near Blandford!
x
sharpesparkle
Thank you. Ohhh I love you guys! It's really great to have the support on this thread and to hear how everyone else is doing.
I'll keep you posted :smile:

PS. I love Dorset too! I went to school near Blandford!
x

It is really good to have the support, although I have to admit I tend to lurk in this advice thread, and post more in the chat one :girlninja:

Was it a private girls school by any chance? I had friends who went to boarding school near Blandford :smile:
Me Myself I
It is really good to have the support, although I have to admit I tend to lurk in this advice thread, and post more in the chat one :girlninja:

Was it a private girls school by any chance? I had friends who went to boarding school near Blandford :smile:

I must admit I'm intimidated by the chat thread :s-smilie:

No it was a mixed boarding school... if you want to play the 6 degrees of separation game, I'll pm you the name of my school! :tongue: all the private schools in Dorset seem to know each other pretty well.
Sure! It might have been mixed actually, I just assumed it was all-girls since I only knew girls who went there :smile:

None of us bite in the chat thread! You're more than welcome to join in :biggrin: (as is anyone here!) you just have to keep up with the rate of posts :p:
Me Myself I
Sure! It might have been mixed actually, I just assumed it was all-girls since I only knew girls who went there :smile:

None of us bite in the chat thread! You're more than welcome to join in :biggrin: (as is anyone here!) you just have to keep up with the rate of posts :p:

Haha thanks! I'll check in sometime.
:smile:

ps. PM'd you :smile:
Reply 2599
I can't handle my LDR anymore. Even when we're home we don't see much of each other. It just doesn't feel like a relationship :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending