The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ok thank you. I wonder why is it so hard... Anyone shares such_a_lady's opinion or have another opinion?
Reply 8441
Original post by Kornflakes
Ok thank you. I wonder why is it so hard... Anyone shares such_a_lady's opinion or have another opinion?

I agree with her, if you're not 100% committed to making the relationship work and staying faithful then it's not going to work out.
Original post by Kornflakes

I also agree. No offence, but if you planned to cheat on her then she deserves much much better. Not saying you are a bad person, but she needs someone who will love her unconditionally.
Ok, thank you. I have although the feeling that I "need" te be alone and unhappy to realise how lucky I was to be with her. Hence, to avoid any regrets, I think I shall suggest her to try to give it a shot, to avoid any regrets. If it doesn't work, we would have tried, at least. And if it's not good enough for her (too risky, not convincing enough), we will break up before I leave...
What do you think about this plan?
Thank you for your help.
Boyfriend is being rubbish with contact again already. I spoke to him only two weeks ago about how 2 short texts a day can't sustain a relationship. Tbh, maybe it is enough and I'm just being a nag. Either way, this amount of contact just doesn't work for me, especially when I'm having a rough time. I just can't cope feeling so alone.

I think I'm just being too demanding though.
Reply 8445
Original post by FuzzySheep
Boyfriend is being rubbish with contact again already. I spoke to him only two weeks ago about how 2 short texts a day can't sustain a relationship. Tbh, maybe it is enough and I'm just being a nag. Either way, this amount of contact just doesn't work for me, especially when I'm having a rough time. I just can't cope feeling so alone.

I think I'm just being too demanding though.

:frown: :hugs:

I know that feeling. I'm having a really crappy time, and I haven't actually hear my girlfriend's voice in over 4 months, possibly even 5. Our communication is terrible, it's worse than yours in fact.
Original post by ct2k7
:frown: :hugs:

I know that feeling. I'm having a really crappy time, and I haven't actually hear my girlfriend's voice in over 4 months, possibly even 5. Our communication is terrible, it's worse than yours in fact.

That must be so hard :hugs:

How far is the distance? Have you spoken to her about this? :hugs:
Reply 8447
That must be so hard :hugs:

How far is the distance? Have you spoken to her about this? :hugs:

It is hard - my parents have only recently found out about us, and not in the way I intended.

The distance is about 4 hours by train. She lives in the West Midlands, and I live on the South Coast. She herself is going through a tumultuous time in her life and the one thing I want to do is just hold her, but I feel powerless and it's tearing me up inside me.
Original post by ct2k7
It is hard - my parents have only recently found out about us, and not in the way I intended.

The distance is about 4 hours by train. She lives in the West Midlands, and I live on the South Coast. She herself is going through a tumultuous time in her life and the one thing I want to do is just hold her, but I feel powerless and it's tearing me up inside me.

Why is it a problem that they found out about you? :hugs:

That must be so horrible, I'm really sorry it's like that. :frown: Do you have a time planned for you next to see each other, or talk to each other on the phone, or maybe Skype if you have webcams? If she's going through a hard time, then it seems having you to talk to about things would be really beneficial for you both.

Maybe if you both work towards a certain time or date where you can spend time together physically, or just a long phone call, that might be something for you to look forward to. I think it's important that you both do communicate more though, and as long as you're both a couple, it's something you'll both want :hugs:
Original post by ct2k7

Oops, I came up as anonymous, but it is me.
Reply 8450
Oops, I came up as anonymous, but it is me.

hehe, I didn't even notice :eek:
Original post by ct2k7
hehe, I didn't even notice :eek:

Well if you ever need a chat or a vent or whatever, feel free to PM me :hugs: Things will get better :hugs:
*subscribes*
*subscribes* in a part-time LDR :smile: met my boyfriend at uni but he lives about 6 hours away from me in Manchester. However, he's been in Poland for the last 7 weeks doing a language course and I haven't seen him for 8 weeks. Finally seeing him on Sunday, so excited!

Also, he studies modern languages so will have his year abroad this time next year. Don't even want to think about that yet! :s
Reply 8454
Subscribe.

This is both the hardest yet greatest thing I've ever been involved in :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Salliana23
Also, he studies modern languages so will have his year abroad this time next year. Don't even want to think about that yet! :s

I've got this problem with my boyfriend. He's studying Television and Broadcasting, but has chosen to a year in industry. That means as I finish next year, he'll be going out to industry and then go back for a further year when I'm done completely (unless I stick it out for masters). I am terrified he's gonna end up being abroad and I won't see him :frown:
I'm dating a girl in the US and have been for the last seven months. It has both been the easiest and happiest relationship either of us have ever been in. Most people struggle, though. I wish you all the best of luck.
Original post by conniebee
I've got this problem with my boyfriend. He's studying Television and Broadcasting, but has chosen to a year in industry. That means as I finish next year, he'll be going out to industry and then go back for a further year when I'm done completely (unless I stick it out for masters). I am terrified he's gonna end up being abroad and I won't see him :frown:

Other way round for me; I'll be the one abroad :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by conniebee

Did you meet your boyfriend in halls? Mine lived in a different building but I near enough saw him every day, it's so weird now not seeing him at all for weeks!

I feel lucky in comparison as I'm doing a four year course so I'll still be at uni when he gets back (if we're still together then of course). It is terrifying though :frown:
Original post by such_a_lady
Other way round for me; I'll be the one abroad :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Slightly off-topic but good luck for next Thursday!

Latest

Trending

Trending