Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I can't help feeling quite panicky whenever my boyfriend takes quite a long time to reply to my messages. Like, I worry that he's either become uninterested in me and getting ready to dump me, or that something really bad has happened to him. Luckily it's usually neither, and that in fact he's just been very busy and having more of a life than me lol, but damn I do some worrying.
    I used to be the same even when I dated guys who lived locally to me, it's perfectly normal to worry about those you care about. Naturally over time you'll learn to relax, I find that keeping myself busy helps me. I saw on another post you saying about the price of train fares have you looked into a 16-25 railcard? I have one and I find it pretty good. My brother used to have the National Express under 25s railcard and used to do a lot of traveling with it, maybe could look into that to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I used to be the same even when I dated guys who lived locally to me, it's perfectly normal to worry about those you care about. Naturally over time you'll learn to relax, I find that keeping myself busy helps me. I saw on another post you saying about the price of train fares have you looked into a 16-25 railcard? I have one and I find it pretty good. My brother used to have the National Express under 25s railcard and used to do a lot of traveling with it, maybe could look into that to.
    I already have the 16-25 railcard, but train tickets between London and Edinburgh are still very expensive even with that discount applied. Thanks for your help anyway. Coach is ok for me for now, as I just spend most of the journey sleeping or reading anyway

(Original post by Colpejafort)
    I know, I can't wait!!! When will yours become a short distance relationship?
    I have absolutely no idea Everything is pretty up in the air at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I already have the 16-25 railcard, but train tickets between London and Edinburgh are still very expensive even with that discount applied. Thanks for your help anyway. Coach is ok for me for now, as I just spend most of the journey sleeping or reading anyway
    I'm not sure if this would help you but on O2 National Express do an offer where it's only £10 each way if you travel on Tuesdays or Wednesday (might have to double check this covers Scotland but my friend did it to get from Sheffield to Swansea!)

ReputationRep:
    Another money saving tip is looking into split ticketing... A return (with railcard) from Bristol to Sheffield is £58 but if I bought four sets of return tickets to stops along the route it brings it down to £50. Still not cheap but better than nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You!Me!Dancing!)
    I'm not sure if this would help you but on O2 National Express do an offer where it's only £10 each way if you travel on Tuesdays or Wednesday (might have to double check this covers Scotland but my friend did it to get from Sheffield to Swansea!)
    Ah, interesting, though I'm not sure how that'd work since we both normally work Monday to Friday, but I guess I could look into it if I do ever get the chance to be away during the week

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm seeing my boy tonight after a month and a week , I can't explain how excited I ammmmm oh man he's staying here for a week , but this is the last time we see each other until I move to England for good ( now I live in Italy ) in August and hopefully be in a normal relationship again I wanted to share my happiness here because I know you can actually understand me x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This thread has been closed as it has gone over the post limit, please help yourself to a MkII LDR Soc Advice Thread

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.