The Student Room Group

Training repayment

I have signed an agreement that I have to pay back if I quit my job, which I have and I will pay back the fee. My question is can I ask for money off as I did all my study in my own time.??
Original post by Narlaowen
I have signed an agreement that I have to pay back if I quit my job, which I have and I will pay back the fee. My question is can I ask for money off as I did all my study in my own time.??

How does doing study in your own time entitle you to a discount? Do other trainees study in their own time as well? You dont say what sort of trainee you were.
Reply 2

Your agreement should clearly state the costs which should be third party costs - ie the cost of external training courses. Is that the case?
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
How does doing study in your own time entitle you to a discount? Do other trainees study in their own time as well? You dont say what sort of trainee you were.

I don’t know if it does that is why I was asking??
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Your agreement should clearly state the costs which should be third party costs - ie the cost of external training courses. Is that the case?

It was a course in Hr which they had me doing this role dealing with staff members under the guidance of external hr company. I did not get paid for this role I am paid to be administrator. Therefore I was asking if I could ask for some of my time back in a reduction owed to them
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000

Yes
Reply 6
Yes

It may well be enforceable in that case. The fact you studied in your own time is irrelevant.
Reply 7
Original post by ajj2000
It may well be enforceable in that case. The fact you studied in your own time is irrelevant.

Ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending