The Student Room Group

Plan 2 and Plan 5

Sorry, I am unable to reply to the last thread I started for some reason.

I already have plan 2 and postgraduate. I would be looking to undertake a part-time course on plan 5 (thank you for confirming!). Am I right in thinking those repayments would merge into my undergraduate repayment plan that I am already on? So it would be 9% of my income over the lowest threshold of my plans (so, plan 5)? In short, I am just checking that this wouldn't mean I would have to pay 3 separate repayment plans, if you know what I mean (2x undergraduate plans (plan 2, plan 5), and a postgraduate plan). Would my plan 2 and plan 5 come under the same repayment plan? So, hypothetically, say plan 2 = £60,000 and plan 2 = £20,000. Would my 9% repayments be going towards an £80,000 repayment pot? Or would it be 9% of £60,000 and 9% of £20,000, thus increasing the money taken out of my wages.

Also, I note that plan 5 repayments are written off 40 years after you are due to repay. Plan 2 repayments are written off 30 years after first due to repay. Would this mean that plan 2 would end after 30 years but I would continue to pay the remaining plan 5 repayments?

I really hope this all makes sense!

Thank you!
Original post by edgeek89
Sorry, I am unable to reply to the last thread I started for some reason.

I already have plan 2 and postgraduate. I would be looking to undertake a part-time course on plan 5 (thank you for confirming!). Am I right in thinking those repayments would merge into my undergraduate repayment plan that I am already on? So it would be 9% of my income over the lowest threshold of my plans (so, plan 5)? In short, I am just checking that this wouldn't mean I would have to pay 3 separate repayment plans, if you know what I mean (2x undergraduate plans (plan 2, plan 5), and a postgraduate plan). Would my plan 2 and plan 5 come under the same repayment plan? So, hypothetically, say plan 2 = £60,000 and plan 2 = £20,000. Would my 9% repayments be going towards an £80,000 repayment pot? Or would it be 9% of £60,000 and 9% of £20,000, thus increasing the money taken out of my wages.

Also, I note that plan 5 repayments are written off 40 years after you are due to repay. Plan 2 repayments are written off 30 years after first due to repay. Would this mean that plan 2 would end after 30 years but I would continue to pay the remaining plan 5 repayments?

I really hope this all makes sense!

Thank you!

Hi there,

We'd recommend sending a private message to our Repayments team regarding your questions: they'll be able to confirm all of this.

You can message them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=806835849916719104 or Facebook: http://m.me/SLCRepayment - alternatively they are also available on the phone (Monday to Friday), their number is 0300 100 0611.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending