The Student Room Group

Fling or relationship

Just interested to see what people prefer.

My first term of uni is done and for the first term of Uni I had a bunch of one night stands, although they were mostly fun I now feel like I'm actually getting fed up with them and would much prefer to go into a relationship. Just feel it would be nice to have an emotional connection and someone just to even relax with.

So out of interest what do other people prefer?

Also I'm not judging and know everyone is different
Reply 1
bump
Original post by Anonymous
Just interested to see what people prefer.

My first term of uni is done and for the first term of Uni I had a bunch of one night stands, although they were mostly fun I now feel like I'm actually getting fed up with them and would much prefer to go into a relationship. Just feel it would be nice to have an emotional connection and someone just to even relax with.

So out of interest what do other people prefer?

Also I'm not judging and know everyone is different

Are you male/female? I'd guess...most females prefer the emotional connection and most men will not admit to preferring that option (whether they do or not)

If you do many ONS eventually your brain habituates i.e. brain chemistry changes (but I cannot find any results/studies to explain further)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Are you male/female? I'd guess...most females prefer the emotional connection and most men will not admit to preferring that option (whether they do or not)

If you do many ONS eventually your brain habituates i.e. brain chemistry changes (but I cannot find any results/studies to explain further)

Surprise surprise I'm a male.

And yeah I guess its perhaps the mind maturing, just feel it would be better to have someone to go do things with and just generally hang out and have a good time, think I've also been influenced by some friends from uni as they have partners and some have been going for years and are doing super well,
I would say relationship for me🙂
One night stands are pretty disgusting. People just using each other's bodies for a quick thrill. Emotionally empty. One person at least often feeling dirty, used, disappointed. Risky from a health perspective too.
Give a relationship a try.

I think you'd benefit most from having 1 or 2 relationships per year for the rest of your time at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending