The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine or Travelling!

I’m an ex-Cardiff Biomedical Science student who graduated in July with a first.I have applied for the graduate entry medicine course at Liverpool, Swansea, St. George’s and Birmingham with a score of 65 in the GAMSAT so I’m hopeful to get all 4 interviews. However, I’m also hoping to have another year out and do some more travelling. I was just wondering whether these universities consider deferred entry or if it’s better to re-apply in October 2020. If I go to the interviews in February 2020 will that affect my chance of getting in with the following intake in 2021?Just to be clear - I’ve applied for the September 2020 intake but I’m hoping to take another year out and start in September 2021 so just wondering what the best way to approach this is. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance!
Do your choices accept deferred entry? Some GEPs explicitly don't - I would email and clarify.
be aware that some unis limit the number of times you can interview there (St George's does), so if you would not accept an offer post-interview you're better off withdrawing pre-interview so that you don't lose a chance in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending