The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sublime_envy
a stab in the dark but does anyone have endometriosis or know anyone that does?

I know someone with it.
sublime_envy
a stab in the dark but does anyone have endometriosis or know anyone that does?

i know what it is, and lil_crazyflakes thinks she also has it
Reply 3
its just I think that I have it but I cant get it diagnosed just now as I need a clean medical record for my raf application. My doctor told me that I had to get preggo now or face being infertile at an early age. Its disturbing
sublime_envy
its just I think that I have it but I cant get it diagnosed just now as I need a clean medical record for my raf application. My doctor told me that I had to get preggo now or face being infertile at an early age. Its disturbing

you can't join the raf with any kind of disease?
Reply 5
yeah pretty much. depends what branch tho. Im up to my eyeballs in meds for now but its not good for me
Reply 6
From what I understand, endometriosis is a condition where the endometrium (the tissue covering the uterus) begins to grow in places it shouldn't (such as the fallopian tubes). The endometrium in the fallopian tubes responds to hormones in the same way as that of the uterus and so swells and thickens before being shed at the end of the cycle. However, in the fallopian tubes, the blood excess blood can cause inflammation that can lead to scarring. This scar tissue in the fallopian tubes is what can cause infertility. In this case, I would strongly advise that you get diagnosed and treated asap as the longer you leave it the worse the scar tissue could become and hence the higher the chance of infertility.

BTW, even in the worse case scenario there are several 'Assisted Reproductive Techniques' available that can 'bypass' the problem of blocked or damaged fallopian tubes and still enable you to concieve in later life.
Reply 7
I've had severe periods since I began having them. I have been taken to A&E on several occasions as I throw up, pass out and generally am in so much pain that I blank out. If someone were to ask me my name I wouldnt be able to tell you. I didnt even recognise my fiance sometimes. My muscels seize up, making me almost paralysed, I get a fever and a migraine also. I was put on the pill by my doctor to ease the pain but within a month my body became immune to the pill.
Reply 8
sublime_envy
I've had severe periods since I began having them. I have been taken to A&E on several occasions as I throw up, pass out and generally am in so much pain that I blank out. If someone were to ask me my name I wouldnt be able to tell you. I didnt even recognise my fiance sometimes. My muscels seize up, making me almost paralysed, I get a fever and a migraine also. I was put on the pill by my doctor to ease the pain but within a month my body became immune to the pill.

I thought mine were bad. Maybe you should go back to the doctor because none of us are really qualified to give you the sort of advice that could make a different. I hope you get some treatment, i have fairly bad stomach cramps and have been on medication for the past 6 years.
Reply 9
Im wasnt looking for medical advice. endometriosis is hard to diagnose. I just wanted to know if others had been through it at all.
Reply 10
sublime_envy
Im wasnt looking for medical advice. endometriosis is hard to diagnose. I just wanted to know if others had been through it at all.

I wasn't trying to be rude, i was just saying. And it seems like you need some answers if you're in that much pain.

Good luck anyway.

Reply 11
sorry! I didn't mean to come across like that! lol internet typing is odd like that sometimes.
Reply 12
sublime_envy
sorry! I didn't mean to come across like that! lol internet typing is odd like that sometimes.

No problem. Sometimes you have to kick up a fuss to get things done with regards to medical problems. I've lost count of the amount of times i've had to get arsey in order to get things moving.
Reply 13
when I went to A&E about 6 months ago I was so weak my fiance had to carry me in. The doctors refused to see me as they said I wasnt ill. (yet they treat drunks on a firday night who have nothing wrong with them) Doctors seem to have a habit of dismissing the young as hypocondriacs.
Reply 14
sublime_envy
when I went to A&E about 6 months ago I was so weak my fiance had to carry me in. The doctors refused to see me as they said I wasnt ill. (yet they treat drunks on a firday night who have nothing wrong with them) Doctors seem to have a habit of dismissing the young as hypocondriacs.

Don't need to tell me that twice. I've spent far too long in hospitals/A+E's. At least now i'm going to be on the other side and i won't judge people like that! It's hard having to scream and shout to get what you want but sometimes its the only way.
Reply 15
yes but I suppose that is the NHS for you. they see so much of it I guess. The thing is I am afraid of my period and I find that odd. I just lose myself for three days or so. Im not myself and I don't know where or who I am. I usually need someone with me to help me out. I guess my body is in so much pain that my mind blanks everything out to block out the pain. Its quite frightening really.
Reply 16
sublime_envy
yes but I suppose that is the NHS for you. they see so much of it I guess. The thing is I am afraid of my period and I find that odd. I just lose myself for three days or so. Im not myself and I don't know where or who I am. I usually need someone with me to help me out. I guess my body is in so much pain that my mind blanks everything out to block out the pain. Its quite frightening really.

Could you see a different GP or something? I don't really know what to say except that i know some of what its like to be in pain like that and hopefully you'll be able to find some sort of solution.

Goodnight xx
Reply 17
HI sub lime!

I have een diagnosed with endometromosis and yes I am infertile but thats not due solely to the endometrosis. You can go to the GUM clinics in hospitals and have your medical records kept their at the moment so maybe worth a check up. From the sounds of it your going to have to disclose your period problem to the RAF at some stage from the sounds of your symptoms.

Also condsidering you havent been diagnosed your doctor cant tell you you will have problems conceiving without an examination and an ultrasound at least cuas ehe wont know what it looks like in their.
Reply 18
frost105
HI sub lime!

I have een diagnosed with endometromosis and yes I am infertile but thats not due solely to the endometrosis. You can go to the GUM clinics in hospitals and have your medical records kept their at the moment so maybe worth a check up. From the sounds of it your going to have to disclose your period problem to the RAF at some stage from the sounds of your symptoms.

Also condsidering you havent been diagnosed your doctor cant tell you you will have problems conceiving without an examination and an ultrasound at least cuas ehe wont know what it looks like in their.

did you get pain like I have? Plus I have compleatly sporadic periods. I had three in one month last time.
Reply 19
sublime_envy
did you get pain like I have? Plus I have compleatly sporadic periods. I had three in one month last time.

Sporadic periods? Oh yes! Sometimes I dont know whether I'm coming or going! Pain isnt hideous. Few ibuprofren and I'm ok. I've learnt to not get stressed about it cause the more I stressed the worse it was.

Latest

Trending

Trending