The Student Room Group

no study...feelin guilty

havent rlly done much the whole 2 weeks off even though i planned to get alot done but i didnt because its so boring and i have 0 motivation and encouragement lol. we have year 12 mocks when we get back and i know everyone must have revised over 8hrs a day while ive only done 1hr a day, aint exactly gonna pay off in exams since i got really bad grades previously but it feels too late to make a difference, like i shouldnt bother trying again at this point because im gonna fail still anyway so id just be wasting time. i feel my problem is i feel pretty indifferent to studying so saying 'getting required grades for uni should be encouragement enough!' doesnt really help since im shameless lol and dont see the point of anything anymore. i probably come off as really stupid and lazy to u guys. its all my fault i dont find enjoyment in this but i cant just quit either because ill have nothing else to do plus i wanna go uni, and in my 6th they kick u out if u get below CCD in year 12 mocks. i dunno what to do with myself really............sorry for making u guys read this nonsense lol

Scroll to see replies

Well I’ve revised and still feel guilty if that helps
You deserve a break. Just study much as you can in the time you have left before the mocks.
Reply 3
Original post by ArtmisKco
Well I’ve revised and still feel guilty if that helps

i mean cool for you but not for me i didnt revise at all 😳

Original post by black tea
You deserve a break. Just study much as you can in the time you have left before the mocks.

i really want to take a break and relax but i cant knowing that ill get kicked out with the grades im currently working on, so all day im thinking about revision but when i try i get really bored and put it aside
Original post by Anonymous
i mean cool for you but not for me i didnt revise at all 😳

i really want to take a break and relax but i cant knowing that ill get kicked out with the grades im currently working on, so all day im thinking about revision but when i try i get really bored and put it aside

havent rlly done much the whole 2 weeks off even though i planned to get alot done but i didnt because its so boring and i have 0 motivation and encouragement lol. we have year 12 mocks when we get back and i know everyone must have revised over 8hrs a day while ive only done 1hr a day, aint exactly gonna pay off in exams since i got really bad grades previously but it feels too late to make a difference, like i shouldnt bother trying again at this point because im gonna fail still anyway so id just be wasting time. i feel my problem is i feel pretty indifferent to studying so saying 'getting required grades for uni should be encouragement enough!' doesnt really help since im shameless lol and dont see the point of anything anymore. i probably come off as really stupid and lazy to u guys. its all my fault i dont find enjoyment in this but i cant just quit either because ill have nothing else to do plus i wanna go uni, and in my 6th they kick u out if u get below CCD in year 12 mocks. i dunno what to do with myself really............sorry for making u guys read this nonsense lol

Try listening to music whilst you are revising AND just play with your revision like when walking in the street making a song in your mind, or like singing over lyrics with that material
Reply 5
Original post by Earth Guardian
Try listening to music whilst you are revising AND just play with your revision like when walking in the street making a song in your mind, or like singing over lyrics with that material

thanks ill probably try that again, during gcse exam season i did my intense revision while on a particular station so if i go back on it i guess itll give me study vibes again idk
how do you play with your revision? as in, make a toy figure of a quadratic graph and songs about x^2?
Original post by black tea

Aren’t I lucky I have another 2 and a half weeks until my mocks!
I’m also lucky that I only have to revise for politics, history and RE, dare I say it’s actually fun to revise
Reply 8
I’ve done like no revision since the start of this year. Somehow managed to do okay in mocks.. but omg my motivation is non existent. Mostly cos 2 out if 3 of my subjects are pointless to me. No physics or chemistry in a psychology degree and I already have grades to meet entry requirements...
havent rlly done much the whole 2 weeks off even though i planned to get alot done but i didnt because its so boring and i have 0 motivation and encouragement lol. we have year 12 mocks when we get back and i know everyone must have revised over 8hrs a day while ive only done 1hr a day, aint exactly gonna pay off in exams since i got really bad grades previously but it feels too late to make a difference, like i shouldnt bother trying again at this point because im gonna fail still anyway so id just be wasting time. i feel my problem is i feel pretty indifferent to studying so saying 'getting required grades for uni should be encouragement enough!' doesnt really help since im shameless lol and dont see the point of anything anymore. i probably come off as really stupid and lazy to u guys. its all my fault i dont find enjoyment in this but i cant just quit either because ill have nothing else to do plus i wanna go uni, and in my 6th they kick u out if u get below CCD in year 12 mocks. i dunno what to do with myself really............sorry for making u guys read this nonsense lol.

I currently do IB, I assume you do A level.

What subjects do you do?
Original post by Greywolftwo
I’m also lucky that I only have to revise for politics, history and RE, dare I say it’s actually fun to revise

fun? what topics are u doing in history, im doing that too and its so much work lol
If you are not a big learner of information, just focus on the most important stuff. Make 4-5 bullet points for each thing you learn (even if it does not cover everything). I would say that having the main points for each topic for your mocks would be better than just looking over everything without really understanding it.
fun? what topics are u doing in history, im doing that too and its so much work lol

What topics are you studying? I do SL history so I may know a bit too..
Original post by Em.-.
I’ve done like no revision since the start of this year. Somehow managed to do okay in mocks.. but omg my motivation is non existent. Mostly cos 2 out if 3 of my subjects are pointless to me. No physics or chemistry in a psychology degree and I already have grades to meet entry requirements...

me too! im aiming for some form of architecture after A levels but the only relevant subject im doing is maths. the other 2 are both hard and useless to me lol

Original post by zamanh
I currently do IB, I assume you do A level.

What subjects do you do?

yep. doing maths, history and english but if my school did it id have done sciences instead of the last 2. how many subjects u need to do at IB?

Just done the Cold War, next term we move onto the British Empire
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by zamanh
If you are not a big learner of information, just focus on the most important stuff. Make 4-5 bullet points for each thing you learn (even if it does not cover everything). I would say that having the main points for each topic for your mocks would be better than just looking over everything without really understanding it.

thanks, i started doing that 2 days ago, got a much smaller textbook since i hate reading lol and summarise each paragraph into a sentance for my folder. good way to revise, but its no fun

Original post by zamanh
What topics are you studying? I do SL history so I may know a bit too..

both germany and italy in the 20th century (focus on democracy+dictatorship)
Original post by Greywolftwo
I’m doing the Cold War at the moment, next term we move onto the British Empire

i loved the cold war topic when we were doing it in gcse, i still remember so much, wish i could do it in A level too 😔
oh man, the british empire. apparently meant to be interesting but i feel grateful for dodging that bullet moving 6thforms (one doing british empire, mines doing ireland)
me too! im aiming for some form of architecture after A levels but the only relevant subject im doing is maths. the other 2 are both hard and useless to me lol

yep. doing maths, history and english but if my school did it id have done sciences instead of the last 2. how many subjects u need to do at IB?

I am going to add a few extra things we do just to put into perspective my anti-social life; my life is miserable XD!

6 subjects - 3 at Higher Level (your priority subjects for your future career basically) BIO CHEM MATHS
3 at Standard Level HIST ENGL LATIN

Only difference you learn more in HL than SL.

Each subject, you have to do a piece of coursework (internal assessment) that counts 20% to your final grade.
4000 word essay.
Theory of knowledge - Presentation + Essay (1600 words)
Group 4 Project (develop 'teamwork' skills)
i loved the cold war topic when we were doing it in gcse, i still remember so much, wish i could do it in A level too 😔
oh man, the british empire. apparently meant to be interesting but i feel grateful for dodging that bullet moving 6thforms (one doing british empire, mines doing ireland)

Nice, so I have done Cold War in history.

So if we look at Berlin Wall, you could write something like this:

CAUSES: West Berlin has better conditions than East Berlin, better working conditions, better way of living. Brain drain from East. Communism being undermined by Capitalism.

EVENTS: Wall put up. Checkpoint Charlie. Tension, etc,

RESULTS: Wall resembles division of Capitalism and Communism. Shows the rivalry between USA and USSR
thanks, i started doing that 2 days ago, got a much smaller textbook since i hate reading lol and summarise each paragraph into a sentance for my folder. good way to revise, but its no fun

both germany and italy in the 20th century (focus on democracy+dictatorship)

Well, I understand it may be boring, but the reward will come. With maths, I would say to learn the concepts and formulae that you need to memorise, then just rack through past papers to get exposure to as many questions as possible.

I often find with chemistry and biology that I lose concentration after 1 hour -1 hour 30 mins of revising material, but with past papers I can keep going non-stop. Just keep exploring, you will find a way that suits you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending