The Student Room Group

What to Do After Exams??

So, exams have finished now, and there is still 2 more weeks before we go on our 1 month summer vacation...

I am worried I will get bored, and "not being productive enough". Whenever I simply sit down to, say, read a book or play games, my mind automatically keeps thinking "this isn't productive, this isn't improving me"...

And I just don't know what to do! Anyone else in similar situation? Also how do I get over this??
Reply 1
Volunteer, get a job, do online courses, learn to cook, learn a language, do citizen science. Nothing wrong with reading, so how about trying some of the classics?
Remember you deserve a break after exams and you don’t need to feel guilty about that
(edited 10 months ago)
Go to the gym, become ripped, make money, go on holiday. It's important to keep developing and not hurt the productivity developed over the exam period, keep pushing onto the next challenge. If manual labour is not your thing research about ways to make money from home but its important to keep up the momentum so that you can hit the ground running at university.

The gym provides delayed satisfaction and keeps you productive regardless of the fact there is no intellectual gain. If you have never been before, highly recommend going with someone who can help with your form.

Perhaps try start a business from home that revolves around the thing you are studying at University, there are plenty of ways to keep self-development going without the mental destruction that occurs during exams.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
I've got the same problem. Thanks to everyone who came up with reccomendations!
Nothing wrong with reading or playing games -- you deserve the break!
If you do feel guilty, let yourself fully relax for a week, do some hobbies, hang out, then the next week do the following :wink:

Original post by Surnia
Volunteer, get a job, do online courses, learn to cook, learn a language, do citizen science. Nothing wrong with reading, so how about trying some of the classics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending