The Student Room Group

Can you have tattoos as a nurse?

Not sure if this is a daft question but I’m wanting to get a small tattoo in memory of my dad preferably on my wrist, I’ve applied for child nursing and I’m not sure if it’s accepted for nurses to have tattoos or not especially if it’s a visible one.
Original post by Lucygrace260616
Not sure if this is a daft question but I’m wanting to get a small tattoo in memory of my dad preferably on my wrist, I’ve applied for child nursing and I’m not sure if it’s accepted for nurses to have tattoos or not especially if it’s a visible one.

Nurses seem to do it. I think they look cheap and nasty but that is just my opinion
Yes, my friend is a qualified nurse and she's covered in tattoos. Full sleeve and everything. She's been judged for it in previous jobs, but apparently had no issues with it working for the NHS.
That in my opinion is a lovely thing to do, having a tattoo in memory of your dad.
However I cant help but think it would be better to have it in a position where it can be covered if necessary. Just my view.
Original post by Karisa96
That in my opinion is a lovely thing to do, having a tattoo in memory of your dad.
However I cant help but think it would be better to have it in a position where it can be covered if necessary. Just my view.

Thank you! Yeah I don’t want to risk anything at all x
Original post by MidgetFever
Yes, my friend is a qualified nurse and she's covered in tattoos. Full sleeve and everything. She's been judged for it in previous jobs, but apparently had no issues with it working for the NHS.

Thank you x
Original post by Lucygrace260616
Thank you! Yeah I don’t want to risk anything at all x

Your most welcome. Good luck. X
Do it on places that they can’t see. I’m gonna have tattoos all over my chest and neck. They can’t see that
Reply 8
As long as it’s not offensive in any way it’s fine and allowed
Reply 9
Go for it!Working for the NHS requires a non-judgemental attitude. I expect this value goes both ways - for staff and service users.
Hi I know this was a while ago ......but just about to study as a nurse and I'm heavily tattooed .So your friend had no issues ??
Reply 11
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Nurses seem to do it. I think they look cheap and nasty but that is just my opinion

Normally if you say something and unless you put something in quotation marks, then it's your opinion and you don't need to say 'that's just my opinion'.
Reply 12
unless its very extreme ie full face then you wont have an issue. 30odd years back it was a serious no no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending