The Student Room Group

Study time

I am just working out my study planner. How many hours should I set when exams are in May?
What I did for GCSE study leave (but before my exams kicked off) was to stick to my school timetable, since it has a sensible spread of times. But for during exams, I would recommend getting a spreadsheet with the dates and times of your exams marked in, then put a revision slot for that subject right before it: e.g. if you have biology at 13:00, study biology that morning, or look at biology flashcards over lunch if you have another exam that morning. If you have an exam at 9:00, look at your notes on the bus to school and the evening before. Put in revision slots for all the subjects/topics you have in a week in the weekend before. If you have a free day, get ahead on the topics you find most difficult but don't have for a while yet. For optimum learning, keep your sessions to 25 minutes and a 5 minute break, and you can cover 1 topic per 25 minute session.

I hope this is helpful, and good luck with your exams!
Reply 2
Original post by FionaMacrae
keep your sessions to 25 minutes and a 5 minute break, and you can cover 1 topic per 25 minute session.

i agree with this
Reply 3
Thank you for all your comments. We are not off on study leave yet so how much should I be doing between now and May? One topic a day for 25 minutes?
Reply 4
Original post by stevenl58
Thank you for all your comments. We are not off on study leave yet so how much should I be doing between now and May? One topic a day for 25 minutes?

yes 25 min for now,
but when you are on study leave i think 25 mins a day is not enough.
so you can do 25minthen 5mim break then another 25min and so on until you feel its enough for a day.

hope it helped
wish i could give you help. For my GCSE i just couldnt stick with a timetable and i missed so many days. I only revised for each subject the day before the exams and i weirdly passed lol.
Reply 6
T

Original post by 999QR
yes 25 min for now,
but when you are on study leave i think 25 mins a day is not enough.
so you can do 25minthen 5mim break then another 25min and so on until you feel its enough for a day.

hope it helped

Thank you
Reply 7
Original post by stevenl58
T

Thank you

your welcome

Quick Reply

Latest