The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
People pay attention to what you say...
We're not harrassed by rampant sex pests.
You'll never be worried people are taking advantage of you for your looks...
I expect there's a lower risk of being raped.
Reply 5
DisgruntledMoth
I expect there's a lower risk of being raped.

Haha. Brilliant
Reply 6
You can hide your ugliness by posting on public forums such as TSR.
Do you think people who try to 'make' themselves uglier are doing it for a sole purpose?
Reply 8
The south park episode the list will answer your question.
Ramadulla
Do you think people who try to 'make' themselves uglier are doing it for a sole purpose?

People do this?
I have personal experience on this, having not very attractive 'buck teeth'; though I'm having an operation to sort it out, as it were, soon.

Well, Friedrich Nietzsche believed that what didn't kill us, makes us stronger. And I believe that that is true in more ways than one. Nice leggy blondes can be as thick as **** and still get laid. Where as we have the impetus to learn how to use wit and intelligence to our advantage, and thus we generally do better academically; thereby getting better jobs! Also, we tend to improve ourselves in all the ways that we can, making ourselves more rounded people. And of course we have most probably been victims of prejudice ourselves so we can see things from many angles, we tend not to stereotype or become stuck in simplistic ways of thinking.

There's my ode to ugliness anyway.
Ramadulla

Are there actually people who do that?

I take ugly to mean unchangably ugly; putting make-up on is like spraypainting mould.
somethingbeautiful
Sympathy.

Haha, dependent on context, of course.

If some bitchy, attractive girl were to accuse me of rape, the court proceedings wouldn't go too well - the jury's less likely so sympathise with someone who looks like Quasimodo, and who appears to have lost control of the left side of his face, as drool drips down.

No, they'll go for the buxom babe in the tight white blouse.
Reply 13
I think it's a real shame that people feel they will only be taken seriously if they're ugly. Not just because of the assumption that ugly people are more intelligent, but also that certain people think those who are 'beautiful' are either stupid or don't deserve to be taken as seriously as anyone else...

As I said, shame.
Reply 14
If you never get a boy/girlfriend etc you are saved from the pain if the relationship fails

You can study harder when you are single so get better grades so ultimately get a better job (usually) in the end

You can do what you want without having to worry about what your other half will think etc

You are not felt up in clubs which can be unpleasant

You are not wolf whistled in the street which can be embrassing

People will look deeper into and see what a lovely person you are inside (if indeed you are) rather than just judging you by looks and being superficial

If you are verry ugly, never marry and have children then if you are a woman you are saved from the pain of child birth and for both men and women saved from the often financial burden placed upon by children. Also if you are a woman your body won't be wrecked by carrying a child and having it feed on your boobs soooo less likely to have a saggy tummy and boobies so you may end up prettier than other more attractive people who have had childen, especially as parent's of young children are often sleep deprived and so as a result could have bags under their eyes.
pipkinlove
I think it's a real shame that people feel they will only be taken seriously if they're ugly. Not just because of the assumption that ugly people are more intelligent, but also that certain people think those who are 'beautiful' are either stupid or don't deserve to be taken as seriously as anyone else...

As I said, shame.

In my experience, it's harder to be taken seriously being an uggo.
QI Elf
If you never get a boy/girlfriend etc you are saved from the pain if the relationship fails

You can study harder when you are single so get better grades so ultimately get a better job (usually) in the end

You can do what you want without having to worry about what your other half will think etc

You are not felt up in clubs which can be unpleasant

You are not wolf whistled in the street which can be embrassing

People will look deeper into and see what a lovely person you are inside (if indeed you are) rather than just judging you by looks and being superficial

If you are verry ugly, never marry and have children then if you are a woman you are saved from the pain of child birth and for both men and women saved from the often financial burden placed upon by children. Also if you are a woman your body won't be wrecked by carrying a child and having it feed on your boobs soooo less likely to have a saggy tummy and boobies so you may end up prettier than other more attractive people who have had childen, especially as parent's of young children are often sleep deprived and so as a result could have bags under their eyes.

Wow. Amazing points. You're on my list for a rep :yep:.
Reply 17
"Ugly" people tend to have good looking partners. Look around and see for yourself.
Less chance of being raped maybe?

I mean if you're SERIOUSLY ugly then there's always the chance that the rapist will be like 'woah i mean i'm dangerously desperate but not THIS desperate'

?
Reply 19
Zero interest from the opposite sex = fewer distractions = higher productivity. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :hmmm:

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending