The Student Room Group

I'm a female, 22y and I have never even kissed

Well, idk how to start this but let's go.
I'm a female, 22y and I have never even kissed. I've only fallen in love once (I was too young and didn't have the guts to tell him) and I'm not the extroverted and/or party girl type so I don't usually interact with men. That associated with the fact that I don't fall in love easily has made that I got to 22 years old without having had a relationship, not having been kissed and still being a virgin.
I feel fine with my body and who I am so I don't think the problem is lack of confidence (I think I'm more of an average/slightly ugly looking girl but I'm completely okay with that).

I've felt a bit pressured by my friends to have some kind of romantic relationship with someone but I never gave that too much though. However recently I had my first gynecologist appointment and I felt judge by her for being a virgin and she even refused to do a transvaginal exam (that she said was needed to evaluate if my problems with period pain had an underlying cause) because I was a virgin.

Bottom line is, that made me think I'm missing out on life but idk how to solve this problem. Any tips or opinions are welcome.

Ps: I'm sorry if I've made some writing mistakes, my native language isn't English
Reply 1
You’re not ancient, you just have to take some action to make it happen. Head out with you mates to find a decent bf/gf
Reply 2
Hello. This is not a problem the fact that your waiting for someone you love is great it will avoid all the shame that comes with hook up culture, so don’t throw taht away . Keep looking for people with genuine connections and it can happens out of nowhere.
Reply 3
Just keep being yourself and it'll happen. You mention that your first language isn't English. What's the dating culture like where you're from? Because (not to put too fine a point on it) people are active, earlier in the UK.

Also, don't put yourself down so much. We all think we're a bit average/ugly (unless we're complete narcassists) but I'm sure someone out there will think you're their ideal.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
xx

That's cruel and unnecessary.
Reply 5
xx

Sounds like you're projecting lol
Original post by DocCyber
That's cruel and unnecessary.

I’m giving her a way to fix her life instead of wasting the next 3 years for the “right one to come” and working on attractiveness later down the line anyways. If anything I’m doing her a favor for out washing the Disney channel personality is everything BS we grew up on

Original post by I'mnotjeff
Sounds like you're projecting lol

I’m just helping her out tbh.
Oh well
Reply 8
I’m giving her a way to fix her life instead of wasting the next 3 years for the “right one to come” and working on attractiveness later down the line anyways. If anything I’m doing her a favor for out washing the Disney channel personality is everything BS we grew up on

I’m just helping her out tbh.

Looks eventually fade: fitness/happiness/exercise is a different thing, but confidence and comfort in your own skin matters most.

I'll put my money where my mouth is (pun not intended... but oh well)... whoever Anonymous 1 is, if you want to grab lunch/coffee/dinner/cinema/sporting activity of your choice (I have become a bit of a zip-wire/adrenaline junkie in recent months) then I'll happily spend the time to make you laugh and forget your anxiety about this issue for a while... worst case scenario, I can tell you stories about times when people really have just used "password" as their password.
xx

I get where you're coming from but not really. Some people look absolutely amazing yet say they're ugly online, it's just how you judge yourself, not how you actually look. It all depends if they're actually "ugly" by a different persons eyes or not.
I'm a female, 22y and I have never even kissed. I've only fallen in love once (I was too young and didn't have the guts to tell him) and I'm not the extroverted and/or party girl type so I don't usually interact with men. That associated with the fact that I don't fall in love easily has made that I got to 22 years old without having had a relationship, not having been kissed and still being a virgin.
I feel fine with my body and who I am so I don't think the problem is lack of confidence (I think I'm more of an average/slightly ugly looking girl but I'm completely okay with that).

I've felt a bit pressured by my friends to have some kind of romantic relationship with someone but I never gave that too much though. However recently I had my first gynecologist appointment and I felt judge by her for being a virgin and she even refused to do a transvaginal exam (that she said was needed to evaluate if my problems with period pain had an underlying cause) because I was a virgin.

Bottom line is, that made me think I'm missing out on life but idk how to solve this problem. Any tips or opinions are welcome.

Ps: I'm sorry if I've made some writing mistakes, my native language isn't English

I’m in the same boat except I’m slightly younger so I can’t give any advice
Reply 11
Am I looking at me? 😂 Seriously, that's exactly how I would describe my situation even down to being rejected for the transvaginal exam when I was suffering crippling cramps. It's like I'm reading a comment from myself!

Anyways, I'm rambling. My apologies. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone or some anomaly. So many of us are in the same boat including me. I stopped caring about the social pressure a very long time ago because I sat back and asked myself 'why would I want to have sex now?'. When I realised that none of my answers were solely and completely 'because I want to', it took a huge weight off my shoulders. All my answers were related to how others viewed me but the decision to have sex should be solely about you. You don't have to do it just because those around you are doing it. You haven't found someone you're willing to trust in that way, and that's absolutely okay.

Just focus on doing the things you love, being yourself, and all things will fall in line. There's more to life than sex and relationships. It's not some finish line you must cross at a certain age.
Reply 12
Also, don't call yourself ugly. I'm all for realism but there are certain statements we shouldn't say about ourselves. :frown: I strongly believe that beauty is subjective. There will always be people out there who'll find you attractive. Always.

There's a statement I like: If 99.9 % of the world's population think someone is unattractive, there's still almost 8 million people who find that person attractive. You got at least 8 million people who like your looks.:h:

I’m basically the same tbh
Reply 14

A bottle of water is a different price depending on where you are not what it is. In a vending machine it may be £10, a restaurant may be £4 and a football stadium may be £86.79. The point is how does this make you feel. I'd recommend you ponder this over from within a cold shower after first having a hot shower to maximise blood circulation
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by DarylO
Am I looking at me? 😂 Seriously, that's exactly how I would describe my situation even down to being rejected for the transvaginal exam when I was suffering crippling cramps. It's like I'm reading a comment from myself!
Anyways, I'm rambling. My apologies. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone or some anomaly. So many of us are in the same boat including me. I stopped caring about the social pressure a very long time ago because I sat back and asked myself 'why would I want to have sex now?'. When I realised that none of my answers were solely and completely 'because I want to', it took a huge weight off my shoulders. All my answers were related to how others viewed me but the decision to have sex should be solely about you. You don't have to do it just because those around you are doing it. You haven't found someone you're willing to trust in that way, and that's absolutely okay.
Just focus on doing the things you love, being yourself, and all things will fall in line. There's more to life than sex and relationships. It's not some finish line you must cross at a certain age.

I agree to some point about more to life than sex and relationships, but they are also great to share with a partner. Again .... try not to worry about that and be yourself. Try going out and doing hobbies... the sex and relationships might come after.
interesting thread
Reply 17
Original post by Stewart.smith
I agree to some point about more to life than sex and relationships, but they are also great to share with a partner. Again .... try not to worry about that and be yourself. Try going out and doing hobbies... the sex and relationships might come after.

Uhhh. Not to be rude but you just restated what I commented. 😅 I think your comment would be better directed to the OP. I'm okay with where I stand in life and I know everything will fall in line as time goes on. Once again, not trying to be rude, but I am a tad confused since I wasn't the one worrying. I have friends, hobbies and a busy social life. I choose not to have sex because there's no rush.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending