The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer Schools 2020

Who's thinking of applying for one of the Sutton Trust summer school courses?

If so, which course and which uni?

Scroll to see replies

I am, I am applying to either earth sciences (Durham or St. Andrews) or geography. But I am not sure which one yet, even though I want to study geology in uni.
The thing is I don't know how to ask my parents if I can apply
Original post by casabonita
Who's thinking of applying for one of the Sutton Trust summer school courses?

If so, which course and which uni?

Definitely something related to computer Science or Engineering, but still haven't decided on which uni to apply to. Does the uni you apply to really matter, or would you say that as long as the course is the same, the unis wouldn't really matter?
Original post by Sailor girl

What do you mean? If you fulfil the criteria on this page, you can apply.
Ask their permission to do it. Because if I get in I hate asking stuff
I tried looking at the courses just now, and ones that were there this morning have disappeared or are still there and come up with error 404 when you click on them. Also most of the courses listed have vanished and virtually the only ones that are there are st andrews
Ask their permission to do it. Because if I get in I hate asking stuff

maybe send them a link to sutton trust and say ur interested in it ? :smile:
Original post by Rajesh_Chaterjee
Definitely something related to computer Science or Engineering, but still haven't decided on which uni to apply to. Does the uni you apply to really matter, or would you say that as long as the course is the same, the unis wouldn't really matter?

i dont think the uni matters too much content-wise, but i think going to a summer school at a uni ur thinking of applying to would help to give you a feel of the place :smile: i'm using it to decide if i want to apply to the uni (as well as the course)
I am, I am applying to either earth sciences (Durham or St. Andrews) or geography. But I am not sure which one yet, even though I want to study geology in uni.

omg i wanna do earth sciences as well! can't find any uni from the list that does it thou t.t
does anybody know how the st andrews courses are working? I know they're doing all of their courses as two subjects, but I'm still a little confused lol.
Does it matter which subject listed first? There's Mathematics and Statistics and Psychology, and then also Psychology and Mathematics and Statistics. They're two separate courses so they must be different (presumably the first course receives more time/weight, but does that mean that same applies to all of the other courses too?)
Also, I assume you have to meet the requirements for both?
Original post by sqrt of 5
omg i wanna do earth sciences as well! can't find any uni from the list that does it thou go

go on browse courses, and it is under sciences, click on earth sciences then scroll down. St Andrews have loads, and imperial have one. And if you go to the list of unis that do Sutton Trust, click on Durham and then the courses that the do. Earth sciences is listed there.
What questions do they ask on the application? And I know that you can only go on one summer school, but can you apply for more than one?
What questions do they ask on the application? And I know that you can only go on one summer school, but can you apply for more than one?

nah you can only apply for one
nah you can only apply for one

Thanks
Original post by sqrt of 5
omg I wanna do earth sciences as well! can't find any uni from the list that does it thou t.t

I wanted to apply for Durham to do geography but it's so far away, so I've settled on Warwick for PPE
Original post by Heath3rxo
I wanted to apply for Durham to do geography but it's so far away, so I've settled on Warwick for PPE

I wanted to do either geology or geography at Durham but couldn't do the dates so I applied for geography at Cambridge instead. Realistically though I am not expecting to get on it though
I wanted to do either geology or geography at Durham but couldn't do the dates so I applied for geography at Cambridge instead. Realistically though I am not expecting to get on it though

I knew i wouldn't get into Cambridge or Oxford lol, I'll be lucky if I get into the Warwick one, I doubt they are going to run any of them now because of covid
sooooooo, anyone heard back yet?
sooooooo, anyone heard back yet?

Nothing yet!
Nope. I think they said late April though
I have had the incase we can't do it in person can you do it online email/survey thing though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending