The Student Room Group

MUR accreditation Pharmacy

Did anyone try MUR from CPPE or Medway? Could you plz help me with answers if I uploaded questions
Reply 1
Hi, Can you send me the Medway questions? Thanx
Reply 2
Original post by malv09
Hi, Can you send me the Medway questions? Thanx

i have CPPE questioms
Reply 3
Original post by chemi1993
i have CPPE questioms

Any chance to send me the questions? Thanks
Reply 4
Hello there, I'm about to prepare for Medway MUR, anyone on the same page?
(edited 4 years ago)
for anyone applying for MUR courses, id probably go with the medway one over the cppe one for 2 reasons: 1stly, medway pioneered MURs and 2ndly, their learning resources I found better than CPPEs. I did my MUR training in 2015 and passed 1st time around with medway, whereas a lot of people I know who went the cppe route ended up having to redo it. also an added bonus of Medway for MUR accreditation (when I did it, not sure about now) is that I got a student ID card for greenwich (which i never visited :lol:) which in turn means you can apply for student discounts. not sure of cppe would give a student id tbh (even though it is based at uni of manchester - they never gave me student ID badges despite completing a bunch of courses with them).
Original post by RCSRII
Hello there, I'm about to prepare for Medway MUR, anyone on the same page?

should be ok if you practice. unless its changed drastically in the last few years, you should be ok with practice, a bit of revision and keeping tabs with the bnf / emc open
Original post by chemi1993
i have CPPE questioms

Please have you passed CPPE? I tried so many times and I keep failing..I have also questions form part 1 but I am not sure about the answers:frown: Would i be possible to compare it please?
It's worth pointing out that it might not be worth doing mur accreditation as it is more or less getting scrapped. As it is, the max a pharmacy can do in a year is 200. Additionally, all supermarkets and some big chains and indies have stopped doing it altogether.
I know eveyone tells me that but my manager wants me to do it unconditionally.
Reply 10
MURs are being axed at the end of the 20/21 year, so probably no more after March 31st 2021. May be more useful to look into being up to date on CPCS and courses recommended to be competent to provide that and also NMS too.

CPPE lists several learning resources (A to M) on their self-assesment document to provide the service. e.g. Consultation skills course.
Maybe you can persuade your manager these would be more useful in the future and he/she can get someone else to finish off the MURs. I think you can only do 100 now, not 400.

UPDATE!!
Courtesy of North staffs/StokeLPC newsletter:
2020-2021

The total number of MURs which you can complete in 2020-21 is 100 MURs. The service ends at the end of 20-21 financial year.
Changes to Target Groups from 1st October:

Remember -You need to update your SOP

New targeting requirements apply to Medicines Use Reviews (MURs) conducted from 1st October 2019, so community pharmacy contractors will need to update their standard operating procedure for the service to reflect these changes.
Seventy percent of MURs conducted from 1st October 2019 to 31st March 2020 must be within the following two target groups:
patients taking high-risk medicines
or
patients recently discharged from hospital who had changes made to their medicines while they were in hospital
From 1st October 2019, patients with respiratory disease and patients at risk of or diagnosed with cardiovascular disease and regularly being prescribed at least four medicines are no longer target groups for MURs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending