The Student Room Group

Terrified to return to university

I am going back to my second semester at University and I'm terrified of it. There are tensions in my flat where I am being harrassed by one flat mate who throws his body at my door and makes lewd comments about me from October. I have reported him and Im also afraid of the fall out from it. There are 8 ppl in the flat and I'm scared they'll all turn on me. Oneof my once closest friends lives in that flat and I'm scared of my friendship with him is deteriorating as he found another friend we I also know and they text each other and are disinterested in texting me. I know I should leave them but I feel alone so much of the time. I have two other friends and people to live with next year. But I miss my friend. We hang out with the same people for pres before going out so we see each other but it feels different. I am doing well academically but I am scared and worrying about what will happen when we get back
There are always going to be immature people even at university, sometimes they're like this to try and impress others- in other cases they are just bad people. If you really are close friends with that person then I am sure he won't turn on you, you might be overplaying scenarios in your head thinking everyone may turn on you. Just see how things are for a few weeks then if needs be try and move to a different flat as bad living situations can take an effect on studies. Take it you're in first year OP?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending