The Student Room Group

changing college for cambridge

xx
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by teddy12345
I am over the moon to say that i was offered a place to read geography at cambridge in a deffered offer for 2021, but i was pooled to lucy cavendish. without sounding complainy, whiney and ungrateful i just wanted to ask if people thought there would be a possibility that i could change college . i sent them an email asking if there was any way because its in 2021 so all other colleges will have spaces and beacuse i really dont know how comfterable i will at a college which has just turned to normal admissions and so 2/3 will be mature and female - i applied for a gap year both to get experince etc.. but also because im the youngest in my cohort and should be in the year below . Im praying they respond and say yes like i would literally be so much more comfterable and suited at any other college which has a normal demographic.

im not a member of the university faculty but from what I know, they won't change your college unless there are exceptional circumstances - usually that you literally can't continue at your existing college. an unresolvable dispute within the college is an example. disliking your college isn't something that would qualify, and im sure you'll learn to love your college anyway.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Realitysreflexx
There's hardly any mature student's at Cambridge in general, and even if there were.... That shouldn't bother you, life doesn't belong to any one age group and you definitely won't be working woth all 18-21 yr olds.

I can't comment on too many females politely.

I think you asking if it's possible to switch colleges is fine, but your moral reasoning makes me question what Cambridge saw in you and if they wasted an offer.

You have ALOT of maturing and soul searching to do about your intolerance and selfishness.

i think its came out wrong or you have misunderstood . its only because lucy cavindesh, since its been throughout its entire lifetime aimed for older women, ie of families and such, it will mean that the college dynamics are a lot different and the living spaces are more for those of families; ie the accomodation are ajoined flats and so . it is nthing about it being majorty femaile !!!!
Original post by kiddo87878
i think its came out wrong or you have misunderstood . its only because lucy cavindesh, since its been throughout its entire lifetime aimed for older women, ie of families and such, it will mean that the college dynamics are a lot different and the living spaces are more for those of families; ie the accomodation are ajoined flats and so . it is nthing about it being majorty femaile !!!!

The average age at Lucy Cav is still only about 23 or so. It's by no means all middle-aged women and certainly not all families.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending