The Student Room Group

My wobbly succulent

Hiya,
I was wondering if anyone could advice me on how to overcome my repotted cactus from being really wobbly.

I bought it a few days ago and didn't realise this issue until I took home with me. Is there a cause for a succulent that wobbles. I'm thinking it may be due to a lack of eater or something whilst displayed in the store.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Original post by Ellalouise03
Hiya,
I was wondering if anyone could advice me on how to overcome my repotted cactus from being really wobbly.

I bought it a few days ago and didn't realise this issue until I took home with me. Is there a cause for a succulent that wobbles. I'm thinking it may be due to a lack of eater or something whilst displayed in the store.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

What does 'wobbly' mean exactly? like the soil wobbles inside the pot? indicating dryness/hydrophobia which shrinks the rootball, so might need topped up or watered... or is the plant itself wobbling in the soil? (indicating already dead/weak/rotting roots, or possibly just unsettled from being repotted, what did you repot it with and did you add water? They obv don't like wet or heavy soils.

* - I don't do a lot of work with succulents, so i'm not good to advise when it actually does need water, google tends to be better for that, plenty of special succulent forums, facebook groups, ect as well you could ask.
Thank you for you reply and advice. The actual plant itself wobbles. When I reported it with fresh soil I noticed that there were very little roots for a relatively big succulent. I don't know if it just needs time for the roots to grow making the plant become more stable. I have three other small succulents and i water them all the same quantity. (3 water sprays twice a week). Maybe more is required for the wobbly plant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending