can someone help me form a study schedule? Watch

Toscana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
im having trouble being consistent with my studies.

i study an hour a day split into 2 thirty-minute sessions. i usually leave it until late at night and end up only studying for 30 mins or sometimes not at all. i'd like to be able to study 2 hours everyday but its boring lol. my free time is 5pm - 12am and (assuming i wake up early enough) 6am - 7:30am. thanks!!

stereotypeasian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
do four separate half an hour slots throughout the day
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Toscana)
im having trouble being consistent with my studies.

i study an hour a day split into 2 thirty-minute sessions. i usually leave it until late at night and end up only studying for 30 mins or sometimes not at all. i'd like to be able to study 2 hours everyday but its boring lol. my free time is 5pm - 12am and (assuming i wake up early enough) 6am - 7:30am. thanks!!
Hey Toscana

Have you tried giving yourself a reward at the end of each study slot? Like say you study for 30 minutes and then you're allowed to watch a 20 minute TV show or some form of fun activity?

I always found this works well as you know that you can have some guilt free fun time if you get through your studying.

Like stereotypeasian said, splitting your studies into slots is a great idea and makes things a bit more manageable!

Alternatively, rather than studying in time slots, you could do it in subject/topic slots. So in one evening you might plan to cover two topics! Sometimes its all about finding what works best for you.

Good luck,

Mia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?