The Student Room Group

Speaker Hoyle to lift ban on breastfeeding in the chamber.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam271
Imagine if a mother tried bringing her child to work in a proper job to breastfeed.

The issue is not the breastfeeding imo it's the raising kid when you should be working.
Just no.
If there is a issue with childcare services in Westminster than maybe that should be addressed but I highly doubt that is the case.

That being said. I don't care . it's one of those news stories designed to make more news. Shouldn't even be news.

I have worked with women who did bring their babies and young children to work with them.
One guy who used to bring his baby to the office, place the baby carrier under his desk and worked as the baby girl slept.
Glaring at everyone's phones and shushing us all at frequent intervals throughout the day. :nutcase:

Bringing babies into workplaces and breastfeeding are now something of a social trend.
Childcare costs are very high, many people don't have any family support and maternity pay is low.
Many mothers who would prefer to raise children at home for a few years have to continue working to finance their lifestyles.
Original post by londonmyst
I understand your opinion.
I'm not keen on babies and the youngest of children even being brought to Parliament.

I get that, it isnt a place for young children not at all. However I dont see a problem with babies who are tired to their mothers, solely because their mothers carry the milk in their bodies. I think if we are going to modernise we need to modernise.
Original post by Burton Bridge
I get that, it isnt a place for young children not at all. However I dont see a problem with babies who are tired to their mothers, solely because their mothers carry the milk in their bodies. I think if we are going to modernise we need to modernise.

That argument is a bit facile unless you can explain why breast pumps are not far more practical and make far more sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending