The Student Room Group

Law offers for Durham, Bristol and Leeds

Hi, I’ve received offers to study Law at Durham, Bristol and Leeds, I’m looking for any opinions on the 3. I’m predicted 3 A* and have received a contextual offer of AAB at Bristol which is swaying me however I know there has been issues there so looking for some guidance and feedback of your experiences at the unis, Thanks.
Original post by Ruby.griffiths
Hi, I’ve received offers to study Law at Durham, Bristol and Leeds, I’m looking for any opinions on the 3. I’m predicted 3 A* and have received a contextual offer of AAB at Bristol which is swaying me however I know there has been issues there so looking for some guidance and feedback of your experiences at the unis, Thanks.

What issues at Bristol - if you are talking about the suicide rate - it happens at other universities - just not publicised .

I would go Durham with Bristol as insurance
Original post by Ruby.griffiths

I'm glad the Durham offer has come through but asking for opinions on these unis is only going to confuse you further.... some people will say Durham is too small or Bristol is unsupportive or Leeds has a drugs problem....these are just the opinions of a small snapshot of people posting on TSR. Other people will love the same unis that other people dislike.

All you can do is attend Applicant days and decide for yourself which uni suits you better. Oh, and ask plenty of questions at these applicant days bearing in mind the advice given by on comparing Law faculties

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6247090
Original post by squeakysquirrel
What issues at Bristol - if you are talking about the suicide rate - it happens at other universities - just not publicised .

I would go Durham with Bristol as insurance

The lack of support mentioned on previous feeds is a concern and yes suicide can happy anywhere. I went to Bristol offer day yesterday however it came across that they are addressing the issues. It’s quite worrying to pick Bristol as an insurance as accommodation is not guaranteed at all but at previous open days I found Leeds is the same.
Yes, I did Bristol yesterday, visiting Durham offer day on the 19th and Leeds on 22nd. Just trying to gather as much info to help me with my decision.

Original post by harrysbar
I'm glad the Durham offer has come through but asking for opinions on these unis is only going to confuse you further.... some people will say Durham is too small or Bristol is unsupportive or Leeds has a drugs problem....these are just the opinions of a small snapshot of people posting on TSR. Other people will love the same unis that other people dislike.

All you can do is attend Applicant days and decide for yourself which uni suits you better. Oh, and ask plenty of questions at these applicant days bearing in mind the advice given by @J Papi on comparing Law faculties

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6247090

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending