The Student Room Group

Transferring course

I’m a first year Business student and I hate the course with a burning passion. I enjoy uni, but just not the course. Every lecture, tutorial etc bore me to death and that has resulted me missing a lot of my classes.

I’ve decided I want to transfer course to study Film. I feel like I would be a lot more motivated and enjoy it so much more as it’s something I’m genuinely interested in. The only thing is I don’t know how to go about it. Who do I contact to make this change, and is it even likely that I’ll be accepted into the new course? I obviously don’t mind doing first year over again.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a first year Business student and I hate the course with a burning passion. I enjoy uni, but just not the course. Every lecture, tutorial etc bore me to death and that has resulted me missing a lot of my classes.

I’ve decided I want to transfer course to study Film. I feel like I would be a lot more motivated and enjoy it so much more as it’s something I’m genuinely interested in. The only thing is I don’t know how to go about it. Who do I contact to make this change, and is it even likely that I’ll be accepted into the new course? I obviously don’t mind doing first year over again.

speak to your personal tutor or your student support department.
Talk to your head of year and do it ASAP so you can avoid missing too much coursework, it will depend on them whether you can change course.
As per the above advice.

I transitioned from Comp Sci to Media before the first year was out. Was well worth it for me. I've enjoyed it tonnes and I don't regret it. It was very easy to change, too.

I contacted my current course leader, and student support, who put me in contact with my current course leader. Had an interview, easy as that.

Joshua :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending