The Student Room Group

nursing associate to staff nurse

I am currently a nursing associate on band 4 and was wondering how I could become a staff nurse onto band 5 from here?

thanks in advance
Did you do your NA there and had a day release to go to university? Normally after that year you essentially gain a foundation degree.
In the North West hospital I am based at, this then entitles you to go on to study an undergraduate degree and cuts that down to 2 years instead of 3. But I suppose that would also be dependent on the university as to which year you would start at.

Is there anyone you can ask in work that would know?
Reply 2
yep I've done my NA. So does that mean I still need to go back to uni to move up to band 5. Is there any other way?
Original post by bhavyab02
yep I've done my NA. So does that mean I still need to go back to uni to move up to band 5. Is there any other way?

Yes you’d more than likely have to go to uni unless your employee offers a secondment programme. Few and far between in my workplace due to lack of funding. A secondment would allow you day release to uni again and then train to be a nurse in your current role. As far as I’m aware that’s the only way to progress to band 5 now is a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending