The Student Room Group

Nursing Apprenticeship student loan

I've just been accepted onto the Nursing Associate apprenticeship program for April 2024, doing the 2 year foundation degree. I've heard conflicting advice on whether i would be able to receive any help or a student loan. Can anyone help and confirm what is correct. I will be working full time, 1 day a week at Uni. Over 25, 2 dependants and have a partner. Will be travelling for placements and will need help with laptop as we only have a PC at home. We don't get any support.
Original post by Maundeki
I've just been accepted onto the Nursing Associate apprenticeship program for April 2024, doing the 2 year foundation degree. I've heard conflicting advice on whether i would be able to receive any help or a student loan. Can anyone help and confirm what is correct. I will be working full time, 1 day a week at Uni. Over 25, 2 dependants and have a partner. Will be travelling for placements and will need help with laptop as we only have a PC at home. We don't get any support.
Hi Maundeki.

Can you please confirm the full name of your course, duration and where you will be studying? Also, when will the course start?

Thanks - David
It is the Level 5 FdSc Nursing Associate (Higher Apprenticeship Route), 2 years, full time starting on 28/03/24.
Hi Maundeki,

Can you confirm the name of the university please? Do you have any other previous study in higher education? Are you registered in that field at all?

Thanks, Clare
Hi. Its with University of Bolton, no other higher education. Not registered in Nursing, that is hopefully the outcome of the Apprenticeship and doing the foundation degree.
Hi Maundeki,

Is the course the Nursing Associate (Non-Apprenticeship course) Foundation Degree at the University of Bolton?

Thanks,
Calum
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Maundeki,

Is the course the Nursing Associate (Non-Apprenticeship course) Foundation Degree at the University of Bolton?

Thanks,
Calum
No, it's the level 5 FdSc Nursing Associate (Higher Apprenticeship Route)
Hi Maundeki,

This course is not listed as being eligible for funding from us and we do not fund Higher Apprenticeships

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending