The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Help on uni decision

hey guys. My uni choices are the following city uni of london UCL QMUL imperial and Uni of bristol so far I have got offers from city uni of london QMUL and bristol and A rejection from UCL. I had an interview from imperial for mech eng AND I HOPE THAT I GET IN. however my offer from bristol is for mechanical with electrical engineering rather than mech eng IF i get rejected from imperial(hopefully it wont happen) than my only two options are bristol and QMUL. which one should I go. QMUL gave me an offer for just mechanical engineering and it is accredited and uni of bristol gave me a different course I want to stick to mech eng. bristol is a much more prestigious uni which one should I choose?
Same thing happened to me for bristol, what were you predicted grades may I ask?, I'm in a similar position, if I should do straight mech eng at another uni or the other course bristol offered
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
A[star]AA
Same for me in maths, further maths and physics, good luck with imperial
Original post by Anonymous
Same thing happened to me for bristol, what were you predicted grades may I ask?, I'm in a similar position, if I should do straight mech eng at another uni or the other course bristol offered

Original post by iamUCL
hey guys. My uni choices are the following city uni of london UCL QMUL imperial and Uni of bristol so far I have got offers from city uni of london QMUL and bristol and A rejection from UCL. I had an interview from imperial for mech eng AND I HOPE THAT I GET IN. however my offer from bristol is for mechanical with electrical engineering rather than mech eng IF i get rejected from imperial(hopefully it wont happen) than my only two options are bristol and QMUL. which one should I go. QMUL gave me an offer for just mechanical engineering and it is accredited and uni of bristol gave me a different course I want to stick to mech eng. bristol is a much more prestigious uni which one should I choose?

Same with me (A*AA in Chem, bio and maths), so they offered mech and electical instead.
However this course doesnt seem to have alot of the modules i liked from the pure mech course (E.g. Materials and CAD/ Designing on computers ect) and plus it is not accredited.
The offer for this course is also really high (at AAA), especially compared to my other offers for pure mech accredited courses from Nottingham and Birmingham
Reply 5
Original post by zootzoot
Same with me (A*AA in Chem, bio and maths), so they offered mech and electical instead.
However this course doesnt seem to have alot of the modules i liked from the pure mech course (E.g. Materials and CAD/ Designing on computers ect) and plus it is not accredited.
The offer for this course is also really high (at AAA), especially compared to my other offers for pure mech accredited courses from Nottingham and Birmingham

so which is ur firm
Original post by iamUCL
so which is ur firm

Not sure
Reply 7
what are ur choices my I ask
Original post by iamUCL

I asked this too, and the guys told me to wait a little bit and go to all the offer days.
Original post by iamUCL

All for mech eng:
Birmingham AAB
Nottingham ABB
Bristol (mech and electrical) AAA, but rejected for mech
Bristol (Eng design) - Still waiting
Warwick - Still waiting
Original post by iamUCL

What was ur offer from bristol?
Reply 11