The Student Room Group

Performing Arts College

I have been going through the audition process for Performing Arts College and have been offered a place at Italia Conti, Bird, Urdang (have turned the place down already) and Stella Mann. I have one more - Performers College. But some advise on what is the best College to attend would be great.
Reply 1
Hey I’m going to GSA in september :smile:
I think it really does depend on what your focus/main goal is, like all of those schools are amazing but it’s gotta be right for you. For example, I’ve got friends who adore italia conti but then I’ve also got friends who think you’ll never be more than a backing dancer with them so it’s completely personal.

I personally don’t know much at all about performers college or Stella Mann (as I’m not a dancer) but o have a couple of friends who absolutely LOVE bird! And if you want to know more about urdang I’d reccomend watching Lucy Stewart-Adams on YouTube- she goes there and has so many videos on it, from a day in the life to everything.
Good luck :smile:
Original post by jess323
Hey I’m going to GSA in september :smile:
I think it really does depend on what your focus/main goal is, like all of those schools are amazing but it’s gotta be right for you. For example, I’ve got friends who adore italia conti but then I’ve also got friends who think you’ll never be more than a backing dancer with them so it’s completely personal.

I personally don’t know much at all about performers college or Stella Mann (as I’m not a dancer) but o have a couple of friends who absolutely LOVE bird! And if you want to know more about urdang I’d reccomend watching Lucy Stewart-Adams on YouTube- she goes there and has so many videos on it, from a day in the life to everything.
Good luck :smile:

My daughter has chosen Wilkes Academy, if you don’t know much about them, check them out on You Tube. She got a full scholarship but also she was high enough to be offered a DADA at all the Colleges she gained a place. Bird was her next choice. Good luck with your studies.
Interesting that you’ve turned Urdang down. Bird is a fantastic college but it has grown hugely over the past few years. I’ve known several who have done well at Performers too. Personally I wasn’t impressed with the standards at Stella Mann, not in the same league as the other two. I don’t know anyone at Italia, only who turned it down as they felt it wasn’t the right fit.
Original post by welcometotherock
Interesting that you’ve turned Urdang down. Bird is a fantastic college but it has grown hugely over the past few years. I’ve known several who have done well at Performers too. Personally I wasn’t impressed with the standards at Stella Mann, not in the same league as the other two. I don’t know anyone at Italia, only who turned it down as they felt it wasn’t the right fit.

I am so impressed with Wilkes and the originality and their performances are breathtaking and the sort after College this year. I really didn’t like Urdang, too impersonal and didn’t get a great feel, I knew straightaway that would not accept a place if offered, just not for me!

Bird was my 2nd choice, then Italia Conti and Performers. But I know I chose the right school and I am very excited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending