The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ezgiipolat_
Hi! I auditioned pretty early for LIPA, had a recall on January 5th, and got an offer roughly three weeks after my recall. I think you can email them if you've been waiting for some time, they're really nice about it :smile:

Hey, I have my audition tomorrow, what course did you apply for?x
Original post by EleenaRose
ME TOOOOO how much longer 😅 my screen time is at about 7 hrs a day cause i’m constantly checking my emails...

For real!! I’m waiting on East 15 and Alra too. Are they replying during half term?
Original post by Frea330
Hey, I have my audition tomorrow, what course did you apply for?x

Oh that's amazing, good luck! I applied for BA Acting, what about you?
Original post by Drama101
Hey I’ve been waiting for over three weeks.

Oh gosh!! I know they've watched my video so I just hope its not too long after!
Thanks!! I applied for BA music x
Original post by ezgiipolat_
Oh that's amazing, good luck! I applied for BA Acting, what about you?
Original post by leomad
Hi - they asked me to redirect and tape my classical in two different interpretations by changing aspects of the context
On reflection I don't think I went far enough from the original. I did Katharine from Taming of the Shrew - first interp forced like a kidnap victim to say lines to a video camera as proof of him taming her and second after a shared wink to Petruchio full of sarcasm and mocking the arranged marriages of others in the final scene ofthe play
Hope that this helps

Nice! They asked me to do the same thing. Your ideas sounds very creative so best of luck to you 🤞🏻
I had done Helena’s monologue from A Midsummer Night’s Dream and made changes so that instead of being heartbroken and in love, I was angry and wanted revenge. And then for the second one I had changed it so that I was in love with a girl instead of a boy. I feel like I could’ve done more too looking back on it now, but everything works out the way it does for a reason ☺️
Original post by jrsh
Thank you! Yes mine came on Feb 3rd exactly and my recall is this Saturday!

Ah okay! I'm part of the second batch so won't hear for a while, end of March I think. I wondered if they might send them out as and when they decided rather than all in one go.
Best of luck!!!!
Anyone heard who submitted LAMDA a while ago not heard back? I submitted mine mid January and haven't heard but I have seen people after me getting their result. I suppose there isn't much structure to how they're doing it?
(edited 3 years ago)
For real!! I’m waiting on East 15 and Alra too. Are they replying during half term?

No idea... i really hope we hear this week though. Drama schools don’t tend to take half term from my experience!
Original post by EleenaRose
No idea... i really hope we hear this week though. Drama schools don’t tend to take half term from my experience!

im pretty sure east15 are still responding as I got an offer today :smile:
Reply 790
Anyone know how long it takes for the guildhall self tape to upload on their website? Mines been uploading for hours but there’s no indication on how much percentage is uploaded
Hang on. Are drama schools giving places to students on the course without any face to face auditions?
Hang on. Are drama schools giving places to students on the course without any face to face auditions?

if you mean in person then yes. as far as i’m aware, all of them are doing Zoom auditions so you do get to meet the panel but I think this year they probs won’t do any face to face
Is anyone here applying to writing programs at the drama schools?? I interviewed for Royal Central’s Writing for Stage and Broadcast Media MFA over a month ago, yet still haven’t heard back. Has anyone else heard anything??

How else are they gonna do them? UCAS decisions are due May 6th I'm pretty sure
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi,
So far I have 2 rejections from Birmingham Conservatoire & Oxford. Oxford gave me some feedback that I needed to connect more with the camera and up the stakes though I had good energy and emotion. I have sent these tapes to all my other drama schools.
Is there any hope of getting even a recall from another school as I thought these were slightly “easier”? Anyone else got any rejections?
Reply 796
Original post by Cozybear1962
Hi,
So far I have 2 rejections from Birmingham Conservatoire & Oxford. Oxford gave me some feedback that I needed to connect more with the camera and up the stakes though I had good energy and emotion. I have sent these tapes to all my other drama schools.
Is there any hope of getting even a recall from another school as I thought these were slightly “easier”? Anyone else got any rejections?

I promise you that just because you’ve got a few rejections elsewhere, does not mean other places won’t be interested in you! They are all looking for something so different, relax with the knowledge that’ll you’ll have worked so hard, and it’s about the place really fitting with who you are and what you bring. I’m on my 4th year of auditions so trust me I’ve had so many rejections. But they make you stronger, and each year I’ve got closer with reserve offers at some of my absolute favourite schools and that forever keeps me going. Don’t believe for a second that you’re not talented enough. It will happen when the time and place is right for you and it’ll all make sense when it does. You can do this!!! X
Original post by R.drama
I'm thinking about possibly rejecting my university offers (for acting) and reapplying for drama school next year but wouldn't know what to do instead this year. I applied to a couple drama schools as well last minute (not UCAS ones) but don't think anything will come of it and they're expensive anyway. I wouldn't know where to begin with pursuing acting in the meantime and I've already taken one gap year due to mental health issues - I've not managed to find anything to do this year really. I was wondering what anyone has done before in-between auditioning each year?

I'd probably suggest trying to get a job to hopefully save up a bit of money. Try and find some local acting classes or maybe a local theatre group as well so that you can keep up your skills or hopefully improve them. They'll be online to begin with, but probably only for the next couple of months. They should improve your applications a bit too.
Original post by arpadarpabarp
Is anyone here applying to writing programs at the drama schools?? I interviewed for Royal Central’s Writing for Stage and Broadcast Media MFA over a month ago, yet still haven’t heard back. Has anyone else heard anything??

omg!!! i haven’t seen anyone who applied to writing courses. i applied for writing for performance BA at central and also have heard literally NOTHING out of them
Anyone heard back from their first submission for BA acting GSA? Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending