The Student Room Group

need extreme help

Model answer for AQA GCSE history, and what to include for each question. Thank you,
Original post by GCSE_Rockstar32
Model answer for AQA GCSE history, and what to include for each question. Thank you,

Nit everything is available just by asking other people learn by doing research and studying through their 2 years.
Model answers are brittle and prevent you gaining an understanding for the subject.
I am doing conflict and tension, power and the people, Elizabeth and democracy and dictatorship in my History mock exam in two weeks; I also have a 2019 Design and Technology paper from AQA. Anyone who sat these exams in 2019 and can remember any questions/can give any general advice would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by Elithedoaggoden
I am doing conflict and tension, power and the people, Elizabeth and democracy and dictatorship in my History mock exam in two weeks; I also have a 2019 Design and Technology paper from AQA. Anyone who sat these exams in 2019 and can remember any questions/can give any general advice would be greatly appreciated!

Did that exact history module and had my mock before christmas.

Is it to do with WW1 causes and events, Elizabeth and the Spanish Armada, Hitler's rise and WW2?
Original post by MrBiggs01010101
Did that exact history module and had my mock before christmas.

Is it to do with WW1 causes and events, Elizabeth and the Spanish Armada, Hitler's rise and WW2?

Hi, yes it is! Did you sit your exams in summer 2019? My teacher has told us that this will be the mock paper(s) and since you have sat the exam I'm sure you know how much content there is so it would really help if I knew which areas to focus on. Thanks
Hi, yes it is! Did you sit your exams in summer 2019? My teacher has told us that this will be the mock paper(s) and since you have sat the exam I'm sure you know how much content there is so it would really help if I knew which areas to focus on. Thanks

I am year 11 too but I did my mocks before Christmas. I am not sure whether the paper I did was the 2019 Summer paper but it's likely it was. I didn't do the Hitler paper though because we hadn't covered that topic yet - so they just cut short one of our tests - I can't help with that one. Instead of the Hitler one we did Health and the People - are you doing that?

I can tell you some content worth knowing:

- Gallipoli and why it failed
- The Russian Bolshiveks and why Russia left the war
- Factors in what caused the Spanish Armada to fail (english tactics, technology, spanish mistakes, weather, chance/luck etc.)
- The Balkan Crisis and how it could've escelated into a major war
- The Moroccan Crisis
- Elizabeth and her social reforms (poor law)
- Elizabeth and her court
- Military technology of WW1 (creeping barrage - important)
- Catholic plots against Elizabeth (Throckmorton, Babington etc... And you should know these in lots of detail)
- Why WW1 started... (Gavrilo Principe etc)

If you are doing Health & The People module, I can help with that?
I am year 11 too but I did my mocks before Christmas. I am not sure whether the paper I did was the 2019 Summer paper but it's likely it was. I didn't do the Hitler paper though because we hadn't covered that topic yet - so they just cut short one of our tests - I can't help with that one. Instead of the Hitler one we did Health and the People - are you doing that?

- Factors in what caused the Spanish Armada to fail (english tactics, technology, spanish mistakes, weather, chance/luck etc.)
- The Moroccan Crisis
- Catholic plots against Elizabeth (Throckmorton, Babington etc... And you should know these in lots of detail)

Wow, that's really helpful thanks. We aren't doing the health and the people module though. We have two sets of mocks which is really weird because I don't know anyone else who does two sets.
Wow, that's really helpful thanks. We aren't doing the health and the people module though. We have two sets of mocks which is really weird because I don't know anyone else who does two sets.

I've got a second set of mocks in April.
I've got a second set of mocks in April.

Ah ok, that's really late considering some of the exams begin mid May.
Yeah. Because we did the mocks before Christmas, we hadn't complete all the topics. So we'll have to do one more paper for each subject...

Ah ok, that's really late considering some of the exams begin mid May
Yeah. Because we did the mocks before Christmas, we hadn't complete all the topics. So we'll have to do one more paper for each subject...

We did the papers that we had covered in October. Now we have to re-sit those papers as well as the rest of the papers in the space of a week and a half!
Well, Goodluck!

We did the papers that we had covered in October. Now we have to re-sit those papers as well as the rest of the papers in the space of a week and a half!

- The Moroccan Crisis

Hey can you help me with the Health and the people module content needed for the 2019 paper? Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest