The Student Room Group

Tescos wine and spirit’s first shift

im starting my first shift Sunday on wine and spirits, and during the induction i was *****in it bc im a 5’10 63kg lad, aint no eddie hall and these wine and spirits cages were looking extremely heavy. im worried tht i physically wont be able
to pull the cages, and ill b asking for help on a regular basis.
Reply 1
i did similar work at m&s - its not as heavy as it looks surprisingly, may take a bit of getting used to but its doable! theres also no shame or judgement in asking for help if you need it, theyd rather you do the job safely than risk anything by pushing too hard!
Reply 2
Original post by a1exmason
im starting my first shift Sunday on wine and spirits, and during the induction i was *****in it bc im a 5’10 63kg lad, aint no eddie hall and these wine and spirits cages were looking extremely heavy. im worried tht i physically wont be able
to pull the cages, and ill b asking for help on a regular basis.

Hi
You are responsible usually to load up the cages ( sometimes it might be done for you) so you just make sure you are happy with the amount of weight etc that is on it..... Obviously spirits and cans of beer can be extremely heavy when on the cage but load it properly then you'll be fine with pulling it. It takes time to get use to doing this but eventually you'll be able to do it without any issues.

Other staff may not be forthcoming in helping you with the cage so be aware of this and don't argue about it if they don't, if you have any issues with this then talk to your team leader or supervisor and ask if it's possible to get assistance when fetching the cage from the storeroom. They shouldn't refuse your requirements of help as health and safety comes in to this.

I'm same height as yourself and female and I managed to pull the cages out myself as I'm obviously had many many years of experience in the job.

A team leader and occasionally stand in supervisor with Tesco.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending