The Student Room Group

Which online psychology conversion course? Man Met or Coventry?

Hi, I am looking at various unis for the online psychology conversion MSc and have decided it is between Coventry and Manchester Met. I am swayed towards Manchester Met In terms of course content as the optional modules really interest me.

I would be very grateful for some input. My questions are:

Has anyone studied the online conversion course with either uni that can give me some feedback about your experience?

Should I be at all swayed by league tables? They seem to measure things like campus experience which doesn’t concern me as I’m online but is it fair to say that it doesn’t really matter where they rank as both courses are BPS accredited? The BPS very politely advised that they couldn’t in any way comment on individual unis as I expected, and so long as courses were accredited it is personal preference.

Has anyone completed either of these courses and gone on to be accepted on to further psychology training? I am looking into options for becoming a counselling psychologist.

Thanks in advance!
(edited 4 years ago)
I would say it really doesn't matter which uni you choose to do the conversion course with as long as it's accredited. Do the one that interests you the most and has the most relevant modules.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. I’d love to hear feedback from people who’ve done the courses to find out more about support offered etc too. Don’t suppose you’re on either course? Thanks
Reply 3
Bump!
Original post by snoopyshock
Thanks for your reply. I’d love to hear feedback from people who’ve done the courses to find out more about support offered etc too. Don’t suppose you’re on either course? Thanks

I'm not, no, I did a conversion course in the form of a postgraduate diploma and I'm now at Coventry but doing an MSc in Forensic Psychology
Reply 5
Original post by bones-mccoy
I'm not, no, I did a conversion course in the form of a postgraduate diploma and I'm now at Coventry but doing an MSc in Forensic Psychology

Thanks for your reply and good luck with the course! Hopefully will hear from others doing online so I can get some insight!
I'm starting an online MSc psychology conversion this September and hoping to do it from home so going to complete it online! Got offered BPP today and also Arden. Rober Gorden is my first choice so currently completing an application for this too! Where are you applying?
Reply 7
Hi everyone!
I'm in the same situation, trying to choose which unis to apply to for the conversion psychology msc.
I keep seing Coventry mentioned but I couldn't find any mention of distance or online learning on their psychology msc page. Could anyone attest otherwise?

Quick Reply

Latest