The Student Room Group

What to do when you feel like you’ve got no friends?

So I have a few friends. A best friend who I don’t see as much anymore, a couple of good friends but they’ve all got people in their lives who they prioritise making plans with over me-understandably so. I don’t know but I recently just feel really quite lonely in a way where I’m overthinking and overanalysing others’ actions to make sure they still like me which isn’t usually a thing I do. I just want more stable friendships but how do I go about that really?
could meet new people and make more friends :smile:
Well if you feel like you've got no proper friends you can A. Put yourself out there and make new friends or B. Accept it, and learn to love and appreciate yourself and realise you don't need others to be happy
I feel exactly the way you do. I am not as close to my best friend anymore (she was my best friend for almost five years, but now she is closer to someone else), and i have another best friend who i have known for almost 8 years, but we don't hang out together (but we are still very very close). I have a group of friends but I dont feel that close to them, and I have some quite close friends outside the group, but they have their own close friends. I feel exactly the same and am struggling, but I know there will be more people in my life who will be there for good, and who i will be able to spend time with without feeling like they dont care that much. I guess its easier to see things in the long run - although it is hard now, we will find people who reciprocate the amount of love we have for them, so hang in there! (:
also enjoy spending time with yourself more, developing new interests or so on. I personally love spending time with myself because I have time to focus on my hobbies.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by popsy354
I feel exactly the way you do. I am not as close to my best friend anymore (she was my best friend for almost five years, but now she is closer to someone else), and i have another best friend who i have known for almost 8 years, but we don't hang out together (but we are still very very close). I have a group of friends but I dont feel that close to them, and I have some quite close friends outside the group, but they have their own close friends. I feel exactly the same and am struggling, but I know there will be more people in my life who will be there for good, and who i will be able to spend time with without feeling like they dont care that much. I guess its easier to see things in the long run - although it is hard now, we will find people who reciprocate the amount of love we have for them, so hang in there! (:
also enjoy spending time with yourself more, developing new interests or so on. I personally love spending time with myself because I have time to focus on my hobbies.

Yeah I do like spending time by myself and always thought of myself as a quite independent person. I think sometimes it’s just harder than others.
Original post by Anonymous
So I have a few friends. A best friend who I don’t see as much anymore, a couple of good friends but they’ve all got people in their lives who they prioritise making plans with over me-understandably so. I don’t know but I recently just feel really quite lonely in a way where I’m overthinking and overanalysing others’ actions to make sure they still like me which isn’t usually a thing I do. I just want more stable friendships but how do I go about that really?

im kinda in the same situation lol... its hard to fight down emotions but homestly just try focusing on your studies/career i think?? i feel like when im studying i get tired so id rather spend my free time alone just chilling and when you feel like taking a break you could just hang out w them go to a party where you can find better friends... and if youre going to uni im sure youll have countless opportunities to make friends so overall imo focus on yourself, dont cut ties w them but defo try not taking things to heart!!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

I would be your friend if you want to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending