The Student Room Group

I need your opinions please!

My boyfriend and I started dating two months ago. When we first started dating we would always send messages or call each other. He would tell me where he is going, what he is doing, what he ate for lunch or dinner, what he will be back from work, etc. He tells me about his day and talks about many things. And I do the same. But few days ago, he stopped doing that. When I asked him questions he would answer but if I asked more he would say I’m too controlling. He tells me not to control him. He said he has his own life and need space. That he doesn’t have to tell me everything. That hurt me a lot. I see him online on WhatsApp but he doesn’t message me. If I asked why, he would say he has works and need to check his messages. I know he loves me and he cares for me a lot. But I don’t know if I can trust him. He keeps telling me I need to trust him more. But I just can’t. We also talked about getting married next year. He never post any pictures of me or us together on social media. Although I did post a photo of him once. Though he stop telling me about everything, he still make time for me. But I don’t understand. Did he find another girl? Is he not interested in me anymore?
Can you please tell me your opinions/advice on this?
Thank you
just because he's not as active in ur relationship as he was at first doesn't mean he's found someone else. generally, the first few months of a relationship will be the "honeymoon period" where everything is perfect but that will often fade eventually. every relationship has problems at some point!

the important thing here is to talk about this in person, just let him know how ur feeling. he's making time for u so that's important too. things change! just make urself heard. (also, boys often post much less on social media so that may be why he hasn't posted anything!)

final note, given that u have only started dating recently, there's no reason to rush into anything such as marriage so quickly. u need to work on trusting him first! he's probably busy and just needs a little alone time every now and then, as we all do. not everyone is going to cheat, although that's what u hear most about in media. communication is important. talk to him first before u start making accusations. it'll be ok!
A person shouldn't have to tell you where they are and what they're doing all the time for you to be able to trust them, honestly, it can get quite exhausting.

Also, marriage?! You've been dating two months... :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by istanden
just because he's not as active in ur relationship as he was at first doesn't mean he's found someone else. generally, the first few months of a relationship will be the "honeymoon period" where everything is perfect but that will often fade eventually. every relationship has problems at some point!

the important thing here is to talk about this in person, just let him know how ur feeling. he's making time for u so that's important too. things change! just make urself heard. (also, boys often post much less on social media so that may be why he hasn't posted anything!)

final note, given that u have only started dating recently, there's no reason to rush into anything such as marriage so quickly. u need to work on trusting him first! he's probably busy and just needs a little alone time every now and then, as we all do. not everyone is going to cheat, although that's what u hear most about in media. communication is important. talk to him first before u start making accusations. it'll be ok!

Thanks a lot!! I feel so much better after I hear from you!
Reply 4
Original post by MidgetFever
A person shouldn't have to tell you where they are and what they're doing all the time for you to be able to trust them, honestly, it can get quite exhausting.

Also, marriage?! You've been dating two months... :tongue:

You’re right! I just want him all to myself and I think that’s impossible hahah. He is the first one to start talking about marriage though hahah 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending