The Student Room Group

2020 UKFPO Reserve list allocations

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Do you think they will get back to us earlier than May?

it should depend on your ranking on the reserve list, but given the current situation, they should be doing everything much faster than normal
Who did you email?

tier4 doctor NHS
Just to update everyone, I am ranked 10-20th in the reserve list. I got an email yesterday from nhs asking me to apply for tier4 visa since i am international, i emailed them, they then emailed me back saying that their record shows that I have been allocated to northwest foundation school already.

Hey there, I'm also on the reserve list and a few days ago I received an email for a tier 4 visa. I am from a UK med school but the campus is based in Malaysia. So our uni told us we need a tier 2 and all my friends in the primary list actually got their tier 2 emails. So I have no idea why I received an email for tier 4, and I have not even gotten a FP allocation yet. I emailed both UKFPO and tier4doctors, but ukfpo told me to speak to tier4doctors and tier4doctors told me to speak to ukfpo......
Hey there, I'm also on the reserve list and a few days ago I received an email for a tier 4 visa. I am from a UK med school but the campus is based in Malaysia. So our uni told us we need a tier 2 and all my friends in the primary list actually got their tier 2 emails. So I have no idea why I received an email for tier 4, and I have not even gotten a FP allocation yet. I emailed both UKFPO and tier4doctors, but ukfpo told me to speak to tier4doctors and tier4doctors told me to speak to ukfpo......

it doesn't make sense? why would your friends receive tier2? there is a rule here saying your annual salary must be above a certain level for you to get tier2 visas. all my international friends need to continue their tier4.
also apparently there is a big miscommunication between the 2 of them. Can you email tier4doctors and explain to them you are still on the reserve list and see what they say and let us know here?

my friend and I who got AFP and are international students in UK med schools also wrongly received an email for tier 2 visa. we emailed them and they asked if we wanted to be tier 2 or 4?? they are clueless themselves tbh.

eventually we said to be on tier 4 and now we got the tier 4 email. i think there was a mix up between us and the new CT1/ST1. unless rules changed, foundation programme has always been tier 4. i think it might be worth getting your friends to check, because HEE/home office might screw things up and reject their applications in the end and delay their start of F1. that being said, i believe some PLAB doctors who come in at F2 have tier 2, so who knows?

i would have loved to be on tier 2 since you can get ILR (PR) faster...

Even if you came from numed Malaysia, internationals on a UK foundation programme will be on a tier 4 visa due to the financial minimum.
However, doctors are now part of the SOL and possibly the minimum salary requirement has been scrapped.
But, so far all internationals I know are on a tier 4 visa
it doesn't make sense? why would your friends receive tier2? there is a rule here saying your annual salary must be above a certain level for you to get tier2 visas. all my international friends need to continue their tier4.
also apparently there is a big miscommunication between the 2 of them. Can you email tier4doctors and explain to them you are still on the reserve list and see what they say and let us know here?

As @Jckc123 stated, I am from Newcastle University Med school, but my campus is Malaysia based (NUMed). So I am not currently a holder of any UK visas. When we applied for the UKFPO eligibility, all of us from NUMed submitted the application stating that we are students/to graduate from a UK medical school, just not currently in the UK. (We were all informed by the uni to apply as such - I attached a picture)

None of my friends (both primary list/reserve list) received an email for a tier4, all of them got a tier2. And I contacted my university, they brought up my issue in their meeting and they have all agreed that I need a tier 2, not tier4.

I have emailed tier4doctors and this was their reply: Good Afternoon, thank you for your email. Please seek advice from the Foundation team as you are currently placed on the list for the Tier 4 visa.

I have also emailed UKFP team and this was their reply: Dear ___, Please contact who will be able to advise accordingly. Thanks.

I have applied to both their emails and the automatic reply system says probably I'll get a reply in 5 working days.
There is also the issue regarding the interim F1, and we were informed that we are not eligible for that. So I'm rather lost and confused and worried right now.
my friend and I who got AFP and are international students in UK med schools also wrongly received an email for tier 2 visa. we emailed them and they asked if we wanted to be tier 2 or 4?? they are clueless themselves tbh.

eventually we said to be on tier 4 and now we got the tier 4 email. i think there was a mix up between us and the new CT1/ST1. unless rules changed, foundation programme has always been tier 4. i think it might be worth getting your friends to check, because HEE/home office might screw things up and reject their applications in the end and delay their start of F1. that being said, i believe some PLAB doctors who come in at F2 have tier 2, so who knows?

i would have loved to be on tier 2 since you can get ILR (PR) faster...

Right, I see. Thank you, it's good to know :smile:
Original post by Jckc123
Even if you came from numed Malaysia, internationals on a UK foundation programme will be on a tier 4 visa due to the financial minimum.
However, doctors are now part of the SOL and possibly the minimum salary requirement has been scrapped.
But, so far all internationals I know are on a tier 4 visa

Hey, yeah I have no idea what's going on with my visa but my university told me we need tier2 to work as FY doctors and also HEE sent out tier 2 emails to all my primary list friends. Even another friend who is also on reserve list got his tier2 email. So it's just me now in numed who got a tier 4 email.
tier4 doctor NHS

Thanks! I’ve emailed them as well and they’ve emailed back saying I’ve been allocated to Yorkshire and Humber foundation school. Thought it was a little strange as I’m from sheffield; just out of curiosity is your med school based in northwest?
Thanks! I’ve emailed them as well and they’ve emailed back saying I’ve been allocated to Yorkshire and Humber foundation school. Thought it was a little strange as I’m from sheffield; just out of curiosity is your med school based in northwest?

around where do you stand in the reserve list? ( i just wanting to know if they allocated only those who stand at higher rank in reserve list)
As @Jckc123 stated, I am from Newcastle University Med school, but my campus is Malaysia based (NUMed). So I am not currently a holder of any UK visas. When we applied for the UKFPO eligibility, all of us from NUMed submitted the application stating that we are students/to graduate from a UK medical school, just not currently in the UK. (We were all informed by the uni to apply as such - I attached a picture)

None of my friends (both primary list/reserve list) received an email for a tier4, all of them got a tier2. And I contacted my university, they brought up my issue in their meeting and they have all agreed that I need a tier 2, not tier4.

I have emailed tier4doctors and this was their reply: Good Afternoon, thank you for your email. Please seek advice from the Foundation team as you are currently placed on the list for the Tier 4 visa.

I have also emailed UKFP team and this was their reply: Dear ___, Please contact who will be able to advise accordingly. Thanks.

I have applied to both their emails and the automatic reply system says probably I'll get a reply in 5 working days.
There is also the issue regarding the interim F1, and we were informed that we are not eligible for that. So I'm rather lost and confused and worried right now.

did they tell you why you all need a tier2 visa?
Hey, yeah I have no idea what's going on with my visa but my university told me we need tier2 to work as FY doctors and also HEE sent out tier 2 emails to all my primary list friends. Even another friend who is also on reserve list got his tier2 email. So it's just me now in numed who got a tier 4 email.

this sounds weird. Unless all your friends will have an annual salary of >=35000 pounds, i dont see why they would be on tier2

I don't know if this is happening due to the miscommunication between the 2 team. We may already have been allocated to our foundations school secretly but maybe tier4doctors don't know they want to keep this as a secret so they just told us this outright
to those of you allocated - well done! did you get a deanery which was in your top 5?
this sounds weird. Unless all your friends will have an annual salary of >=35000 pounds, i dont see why they would be on tier2

upon checking the UKBA website, it seems like f1 and f2 can be on tier2? the min is 30000 pounds or whatever minimum rate your job is deemed on the website and it says 27k+ for F1 which is the minimum base pay. now i feel like changing my tier 4 to tier 2, might shoot an email

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-j-codes-of-practice-for-skilled-work
I don't know if this is happening due to the miscommunication between the 2 team. We may already have been allocated to our foundations school secretly but maybe tier4doctors don't know they want to keep this as a secret so they just told us this outright

hi, re the anonymous reply to he/she getting yorkshire when she/he's based in sheffield. Can i know where were you based? I have just received an email saying i got northwest but i was in a northwest med school. Wondering if there is a mishap in the tier4 system?
hi, re the anonymous reply to he/she getting yorkshire when she/he's based in sheffield. Can i know where were you based? I have just received an email saying i got northwest but i was in a northwest med school. Wondering if there is a mishap in the tier4 system?

Hey I’m the anon that got Yorkshire. Yeah I’m from a Yorkshire med school so I was wondering as well if this is a mishap in the system! Or do you think it could be our interim F1 job allocations since we’d be allocated to our local trusts?
Hey I’m the anon that got Yorkshire. Yeah I’m from a Yorkshire med school so I was wondering as well if this is a mishap in the system! Or do you think it could be our interim F1 job allocations since we’d be allocated to our local trusts?

I think its most likely to be our interim F1 jobs should you choose to work. The way the tier4 is replying doesnt seem to follow the numbering system from the reserve list either. It puts us in a tough spot as I have not gotten any email from Oriel itself and have absolutely no clue on what to do now.
Just updating myself here, have allocations already been sent out? So confused. I’m a british National, at a british med school, but haven’t heard anything?

may I know how you did ask where you've been allocated to in the email? did you say you are in the reserve list? because when they sent us tier 4 email they said you cannot register an account if you are put into the reserve list

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending