The Student Room Group

Will my college say tough luck and make me restart my course completely?

What's the chances of my college I've been attending saying tough luck and say I have to restart my course completely if they don't reopen until September?

I'm currently on a course at Hull College and very close to actually completing it, but on Wednesday evening they announced that they would be closing until at least after the Easter holiday. If they end up closing until September, that'll mean I won't have been able to finish my course in time. Will they still say tough luck you'll have to completely restart it, thus me having a wasted college year, or given the circumstances, are they likely to allow me to come back in September just to complete the final part of my course?

It would seem very harsh if they wouldn't allow me to do so.
Original post by Wertyuio
What's the chances of my college I've been attending saying tough luck and say I have to restart my course completely if they don't reopen until September?

I'm currently on a course at Hull College and very close to actually completing it, but on Wednesday evening they announced that they would be closing until at least after the Easter holiday. If they end up closing until September, that'll mean I won't have been able to finish my course in time. Will they still say tough luck you'll have to completely restart it, thus me having a wasted college year, or given the circumstances, are they likely to allow me to come back in September just to complete the final part of my course?

It would seem very harsh if they wouldn't allow me to do so.

With what the government guidelines say, I'm and probably many others are assuming that whatever course you were studying will be marked via teacher predictions and assessment. They will not make you do it again, that is a logistical nightmare, they may suggest you come back and finish it once this pandemic is cleared up or give you the opportunity to appeal any of the teacher predictions of how you would have finished it. Everyone is in the same situation so I'm sure there will be more clarity on this in the coming weeks/months. I'm an A Level student so can understand your annoyance and nerves but even the vocational subjects without an exam that I am doing (an EPQ) have been cancelled. I have friends doing BTEC science and their coursework has been put on pause; everything will be being assessed the same. They definitely will not say tough luck though, that would be extremely unfair so there is nothing to worry about in terms of them doing anything like that. Best of luck and stay positive:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending