The Student Room Group

I need to pass gcse maths for uni

I got accepted into university for physiotherapy, under the condition that i provide evidence of attaining GCSE maths at grade C or above. (i only have a functional skills level 2 in maths at the moment) my plan was to take gcse maths in the summer but it’s now not possible due to the current circumstances. I have emailed the uni already but have received no reply. What do you think the chances that they’ll take the offer away from me, even though i passed the interview?
Impossible to say given how unprecedented the situation. Obviously I would be hopeful that they would allow you to take it at a later date if it's essential.

Bear with them as they will likely be operating with a skeleton staff with most of them homeworking currently. Feel free to call to follow up with them after a week though.
I'm in the same situation as you. Please let me know if they get back to you!
Original post by caputdraconis__
I'm in the same situation as you. Please let me know if they get back to you!

they replied to me saying they don’t have any answers right now. but told me not to be too concerned about it.

they also sent me a link to some equivalency tests, which my uni does accept. i guess i’ll have to do that then if they’re not scrapped too
Original post by meowmeow111
they replied to me saying they don’t have any answers right now. but told me not to be too concerned about it.

they also sent me a link to some equivalency tests, which my uni does accept. i guess i’ll have to do that then if they’re not scrapped too

Ok, thank you. Which uni have you applied to?
Is level 2 not an equivalent or an equivalent test provided by the university. Also do you mind saying what university you’ve chosen? As I have a level 2 and want to do physio not now tho in two years when I finish my bsc.
Original post by Adricloud
Is level 2 not an equivalent or an equivalent test provided by the university. Also do you mind saying what university you’ve chosen? As I have a level 2 and want to do physio not now tho in two years when I finish my bsc.

Many universities dont accept functional skills Maths instead of GCSE. You need to check the university you are looking for policy on this.
Original post by Adricloud

it was cumbria university.

they offered me an equivalency test where i sat the exam in the lancaster campus!
From previous experience, Universities seem to be very strict on GCSE Maths and English and grade C/4 seems to be the minimum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending