The Student Room Group

Should the government take 10% off any savings over 50,000 pounds?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Burton Bridge
In that case I misunderstood what you are proposing, I'm sorry could you explain you ideal tax system, please? I cannot comment on somthing I dont know the details of.

@Burton Bridge
This is post 388.
Brilliant isnt it?:facepalm:

Turkeys voting for xmas

Funny you mention workfare given I had thought of the idea and brought it up on another thread although I didn't call it that.
As I said earlier, Capitalism has to exploit someone and @paul514 solution was just spoilt more poor people from overseas. Over looking the fact it does not work.

So its progressive to those living in slums, well viva la capitalism, the working classes have so much ti look forward to, I can see why they are so supportive of it :rolleyes::no:

Eh? All I remember saying to you is that the world will never run out of poor people to work.

Whether that is exploitation of those workers is debatable and complicated because of what conditions went before, what they are now and what they are leading to.

You could argue it is exploiting the consumers of those products as they are overwhelmingly in western countries and those western companies outsource work to those cheaper workers, pushing their wages up and depressing ours.
Reply 543
Brilliant isnt it?:facepalm:

Turkeys voting for xmas

Turkeys voting for food?
Reply 544
Original post by LiberOfLondon
Funny you mention workfare given I had thought of the idea and brought it up on another thread although I didn't call it that.

I thought call it as it is.
Original post by paul514
Eh? All I remember saying to you is that the world will never run out of poor people to work.

Whether that is exploitation of those workers is debatable and complicated because of what conditions went before, what they are now and what they are leading to.

You could argue it is exploiting the consumers of those products as they are overwhelmingly in western countries and those western companies outsource work to those cheaper workers, pushing their wages up and depressing ours.

We may have our wires crossed then, I was litteraly talking about exploitation, the question I asked used the unpolitically correct term "foreign peasants" in it. I asked what happens when we run out of foreign peasants to exploit? You said we will never run out of foreign peasants. This is why I made that assumption.

Anyway, you could successfully argue we are exploiting ourselves, and continuing too by opting for this capitalist dream, which really only benifits the few at the top. Because as you correctly point out,,our own people become more poorer, despite have access to cheap Chinese tack.
Original post by Quady
Turkeys voting for food?

That's like dry chicken ....
Reply 547
That's like dry chicken ....

As if we all get to work in a vocation of our choice.

In the world you describe, do we all work in the roles we wish to?
Original post by Quady
As if we all get to work in a vocation of our choice.

In the world you describe, do we all work in the roles we wish to?

I'm sorry where have I said this?

We have a choice to a degree, we are not slaves but where have I said we should not have to work? I think you are confused
Reply 549
I'm sorry where have I said this?

We have a choice to a degree, we are not slaves but where have I said we should not have to work? I think you are confused

Most of us eat dry chicken, no? Like 70% of us. Teachers do, accountants do, shelf stackers do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending