The Student Room Group

Gcse and a level cancelled retakes

I’m a gcse retake on my gap year, would I be able to get a grade in July cause I think retakes won’t.
Original post by sarah12323
I’m a gcse retake on my gap year, would I be able to get a grade in July cause I think retakes won’t.

Unknown at the moment until they publish the rules. Obviously without any additional assessment information it may be hard. If you are still at school and have been doing written work or a mock they might apply for a calculated grade. If you cant get a grade in july then resit in Sept/Nov.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Unknown at the moment until they publish the rules. Obviously without any additional assessment information it may be hard. If you are still at school and have been doing written work or a mock they might apply for a calculated grade. If you cant get a grade in july then resit in Sept/Noare u

are u sure that retake candidates won't get grades cause they haven't said anything about it
are u sure that retake candidates won't get grades cause they haven't said anything about it

Nope as they havent published the rules, but as retake candidates are often private and have left school, then they may struggle to get an independent assessment or to have marks like coursework or mocks to make a calculated grade from.
Reply 4
Nope as they havent published the rules, but as retake candidates are often private and have left school, then they may struggle to get an independent assessment or to have marks like coursework or mocks to make a calculated grade from.

so they won't get a grade
so they won't get a grade

Are you still at school?
Have you been having extra lessons?
Have you been handing work in?
Reply 6
Are you still at school?
Have you been having extra lessons?
Have you been handing work in?

No I’m a private candidates
No I’m a private candidates

Then you will have to wait for the rules as to whether they allow you, but most likely you will sit the exam in the Autumn as you have no work to base a grade on or teacher to calculate it.
Reply 8
Then you will have to wait for the rules as to whether they allow you, but most likely you will sit the exam in the Autumn as you have no work to base a grade on or teacher to calculate it.

Yeah but in this other thread everyone’s is saying we are getting a grade and that thread is to all the folks resitting a levels this year
Yeah but in this other thread everyone’s is saying we are getting a grade and that thread is to all the folks resitting a levels this year

Ok go with that thread then. As I understood it the detailed rules have yet to be provided.

Quick Reply

Latest