The Student Room Group

Living with a friend

Me and my friend have both accepted unconditional offers for our uni so we are both defo going there. We have requested to live in the same flat as I’ve heard so many horror stories of people gating everyone in there flat. We are in different courses and will have plenty of time apart!

I just wanted to ask if anyone has requested to be in the same flat as there friend in first year and it’s actually happened?
Original post by Hetty4578
Me and my friend have both accepted unconditional offers for our uni so we are both defo going there. We have requested to live in the same flat as I’ve heard so many horror stories of people gating everyone in there flat. We are in different courses and will have plenty of time apart!

I just wanted to ask if anyone has requested to be in the same flat as there friend in first year and it’s actually happened?

Hi @Hetty4578

I would assume that all universities want their new students to feel as at-home as possible and being able to live with someone that you already know would definitely help!

When I moved into uni I absolutely hated it because I was living with all masters students that never left their rooms. I still was able to meet people on nights out but I had to go to them alone at first (which was horrible). I was able to move flats a few weeks into term very easily by just emailing the accommodation team at the uni. Even if you don't get put in the same flat as your friend originally, it would be worth emailing the accommodation team to see if there is anything they can do. I would recommend having your bedroom door open on move-in day so you can meet everyone in your flat. Remember- you're all in the same boat! :smile:

Best of luck with university! :banana:

Duncan
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending