The Student Room Group

How to get over feelings for a friend

I’ve moved far away from where the friend and I lived- they’re still there. I’m not going to live back there.

I can’t stop thinking about them even though I don’t have romantic ( I don’t think ) feelings for them. I check their snap location all the time and I don’t know why. I hate myself for it. I haven’t heard from them in 4 weeks- I don’t actually mind that tbh bc not much hasn’t gone on recently to tell them about. I feel like I don’t really care but it’s almost like some hyper fixation? And smth to do? I really want to get over them and I don’t see a future for our friendship now that I don’t live there anymore.

I’ve had this with previous people and it naturally dies but with this person it’s lasted longer. For context we lived together for a year I saw them everyday- we were good friends. The last time I saw them we got drunk and said some really deep things- I feel like they secretly hate me now though which is bothering me. Bc I need closure of some sort idk why.

I kissed their friends friend and I’m worried the friend doesn’t like me therefore my friend has gotten the ick for me. As in I was a bad kisser or smth and feel embarrassed ahh

Advice pls!
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve moved far away from where the friend and I lived- they’re still there. I’m not going to live back there.

I can’t stop thinking about them even though I don’t have romantic ( I don’t think ) feelings for them. I check their snap location all the time and I don’t know why. I hate myself for it. I haven’t heard from them in 4 weeks- I don’t actually mind that tbh bc not much hasn’t gone on recently to tell them about. I feel like I don’t really care but it’s almost like some hyper fixation? And smth to do? I really want to get over them and I don’t see a future for our friendship now that I don’t live there anymore.

I’ve had this with previous people and it naturally dies but with this person it’s lasted longer. For context we lived together for a year I saw them everyday- we were good friends. The last time I saw them we got drunk and said some really deep things- I feel like they secretly hate me now though which is bothering me. Bc I need closure of some sort idk why.

I kissed their friends friend and I’m worried the friend doesn’t like me therefore my friend has gotten the ick for me. As in I was a bad kisser or smth and feel embarrassed ahh

Advice pls!

Just you live your life, people dont like you? you dont need to care, you had a bad day? remember is just a bad day not a bad life...., your connection with your friend is not the same anymore? check them out tell them how they are doing, they dont want you? thats it not everything will last forever, you had your time with them and had fun
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Just you live your life, people dont like you? you dont need to care, you had a bad day? remember is just a bad day not a bad life...., your connection with your friend is not the same anymore? check them out tell them how they are doing, they dont want you? thats it not everything will last forever, you had your time with them and had fun

Yh was having a weird moment- just found out they have a boyfriend so idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending