The Student Room Group

Latin Literature

Just got a homework question- "Speech is more important than action." To what extent is that true of the sections of Aeneid Book 2 you have read? (10 marks)
Really don't get what I should write or how I should approach this question. Please help if you can.
Thanks!
Original post by Rambo1600
Just got a homework question- "Speech is more important than action." To what extent is that true of the sections of Aeneid Book 2 you have read? (10 marks)
Really don't get what I should write or how I should approach this question. Please help if you can.
Thanks!

Hi, I also did the Aeneid for my GCSE last year, can you let me know if this is the section on Dido and Aeneas, if it is then I am more than willing and able to help you : )
Reply 2
Hey Angelica, thank-you so much for offering to help; I don't use student room much so didn't see your message until now. I did Aeneid book 2 and we studied lines 506-558, and 705-740, and finally 768- 795. I'm not sure if it is the section specifically on Dido and Aeneas, but I do know that for the most part it includes Aeneas narrating various events to Dido, eg. Priam and Hecuba at home, Priam's death, Creusa's death, and Aeneas saving citizens, etc, etc. Thanks again for offering to help :-).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending