The Student Room Group

gcse fashion design and textiles

im so confused by what ofqual has said, do i keep doing my coursework ??
Original post by imaqines
im so confused by what ofqual has said, do i keep doing my coursework ??

Omg same. I do art for gcse and I’m so confused. My art teachers told me to keep on doing my coursework but now I’m not sure what to do. I emailed them asking what I should do as they said that schools shouldn’t ask their students to compete any non exam assessments or coursework but my exam is 60% coursework so I don’t know if it is ‘non exam’ work. The email is on the new ofqual update so try emailing them. Also I would suggest continuing with your coursework until you get a reply because you never know what they might say or they could change their minds. I’m just really worried and confused about all this. Good luck with everything
Reply 2
Original post by shumaira
Omg same. I do art for gcse and I’m so confused. My art teachers told me to keep on doing my coursework but now I’m not sure what to do. I emailed them asking what I should do as they said that schools shouldn’t ask their students to compete any non exam assessments or coursework but my exam is 60% coursework so I don’t know if it is ‘non exam’ work. The email is on the new ofqual update so try emailing them. Also I would suggest continuing with your coursework until you get a reply because you never know what they might say or they could change their minds. I’m just really worried and confused about all this. Good luck with everything

GCSE Art is 50% assessed by non-examination assessment (NEA) (what you are probably calling coursework) and 50% assessed by the final exam, including its prep work The best thing to do is just to wait for an answer from your school..
Original post by Compost
GCSE Art is 50% assessed by non-examination assessment (NEA) (what you are probably calling coursework) and 50% assessed by the final exam, including its prep work The best thing to do is just to wait for an answer from your school..

My school said to continue doing coursework the day school shut but then the ofqual statement that came out yesterday said that non assessment work doesn’t need to be completed. I emailed them yesterday and they said to still continue doing it as they don’t what decisions are yet to be made. So I am going to continue with it as I have been for the past 2 weeks and I would say to the thread starter to continue doing their coursework as well as we don’t know what is going to happen. Also the schools might use coursework to decide the final grades.

Quick Reply

Latest