The Student Room Group

the lockdown needs to end asap, i can't stand it anymore, and i'm going ****ing crazy

UPDATE
ITS NOW 2021
ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR I CANT BELIEVE THIS SHITSHOW IS STILL GOING ON
HI NEW RESTRICTIONS
i'm angry af again bc of b's new announcement. wtf. i want to travel freely and go wherever i please without their *****y covid pass. i'd rather die than comply and get their silly 'vaccine'
what will it take for people to snap out of this nonsense???

-------------------

initially, i was actually pretty supportive of the whole idea. but now? it's a neverending nightmare. at this point i'd rather die of corona than live under this ****ing house arrest stuck with my boyfriend. 24/7. i mean it. 2 days ago our neighbour called the police on us again. it's not healthy to spend so much time around 1 person.

at first things were remotely okay. now they're not. we're both sick of it. he's been drinking every night since the whole thing started. i'm on a freaking triple dose of valium on most days just to cope with everything as well. we fight all the time. he accidentally hurt me a couple days ago, which made my issues even worse. hell, my hair's been falling out like crazy due to the constant stress. my bf isnt the same person anymore. and neither am i. this whole thing is driving us insane.
when will the lockdown end? what do you think?

Mod Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages. You can also find practical advice for managing your mental health in the pandemic from TSR, including advice from clinical psychiatrist, here.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm really sorry this is happening to you babes, we're all here for you if there's anything we can do to help :cube:
Reply 2
Original post by Glaz
I'm really sorry this is happening to you babes, we're all here for you if there's anything we can do to help :cube:

thanks, glaz.. how are you coping with it?
Oh. Wow. Can't relate.
Original post by Ciel.
thanks, glaz.. how are you coping with it?

Yeah I'm doing good, just gaming all day which is cool!
Is there anywhere else you could go? Maybe spending time apart and staying with family. Yes its against rules but your safety is most important and this doesn't seem like a healthy situation to be in. Do what's best for you, use common sense and if living somewhere else won't increase risk of transmission do it.
Reply 6
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Oh. Wow. Can't relate.

lucky. i wish i lived alone.

sorry to hear that. :/ same. can't even work on my art projects because i'm too drugged up and just don't give a **** 😂
(edited 3 years ago)
I enjoy the lockdown, but my demanding mother and alcoholic ddad piss me off.

Better than school tho
Reply 8
Original post by Glaz
Yeah I'm doing good, just gaming all day which is cool!

ah, that's good. my ff 7 remake arrived today. hopefully it will help take my mind off things a bit (:
Original post by bellaprice
Is there anywhere else you could go? Maybe spending time apart and staying with family. Yes its against rules but your safety is most important and this doesn't seem like a healthy situation to be in. Do what's best for you, use common sense and if living somewhere else won't increase risk of transmission do it.

unfortunately, my relationship with them isn't very good.
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
initially, i was actually pretty supportive of the whole idea. but now? it's a neverending nightmare. at this point i'd rather die of corona than live under this ****ing house arrest stuck with my boyfriend. 24/7. i mean it. 2 days ago our neighbour called the police on us again. it's not healthy to spend so much time around 1 person.

at first things were remotely okay. now they're not. we're both sick of it. he's been drinking every night since the whole thing started. i'm on a freaking triple dose of valium on most days just to cope with everything as well. we fight all the time. he accidentally hurt me a couple days ago, which made my issues even worse. hell, my hair's been falling out like crazy due to the constant stress. my bf isnt the same person anymore. and neither am i. this whole thing is driving us insane.

It’s driving everyone crazy. So please do not think you’re alone! Unfortunately statistics states that domestic violence is most likely to increase during this pandemic. Do you have friends or family you could go stay with? I really would consider that as an option!
Reply 10
Original post by anonymousgirll1
I enjoy the lockdown, but my demanding mother and alcoholic ddad piss me off.

Better than school tho

i see :<
Reply 11
I basically had one in november and was in my own lockdown from then til February. Now this real one is f*cking me up.
Reply 12
Original post by S4SSY
It’s driving everyone crazy. So please do not think you’re alone! Unfortunately statistics states that domestic violence is most likely to increase during this pandemic. Do you have friends or family you could go stay with? I really would consider that as an option!

Domestic violence and homicidal rampages.

And suicides probably because nobody is getting what they need to help.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by S4SSY

nah. but he's not generally abusive, or anything. i'm not scared of him. it's just, the whole situation, the combination of everything is having a really negative impact on our mental health i guess.
Reply 14
argh. hope things get better soon.
Not to do with living alone

It's cos the lock down doesn't apply to me
self isolation is making me extremely bored but if it can help saves lives then I’d rather stay at home
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Not to do with living alone

It's cos the lock down doesn't apply to me

not fair.
Original post by ساره
I mean the self isolation is making me extremely bored but if it can help saves lives then I’d rather stay at home

:<
Original post by Ciel.

How did he hurt you?

the lockdown may continue for another couple of weeks, if we dont hit the peak by this weekend.
Original post by Ciel.

Yes I’m going insane too, especially since one of my only friends said we should stop talking for a while

Quick Reply

Latest