The Student Room Group

International student, tuition fees and the prospects of online courses

Dearest minister,

Is it true that there are prospects of starting off the year with distance learning? I am not sure most students would be willing to invest in these methods so I would like to know your honest views on the matter and whether you consider this to be a viable option considering the status of everything that's going around right now. Personally, I don't. However, I do respect your valuable opinion and it would be nice if you can point us towards whether or not this is being considered.

Thank you.
In addition, there's another issue that I'd like to address:

Normally, we're supposed to apply for the Tier 4 Visa in early July in order to receive it on time.

Yet, I suspect that in June-July local Tier 4 application centres would be closed. I'm not sure but, from the looks of it, I think this is something worth looking into.

Is the UK government willing to propose alternative routes in order to ease up the process?

Side note: Thank you for being on TSR btw! I was delighted by the news and that is actually a very considerate thing to do.
Original post by Aldwulf
Dearest minister,

Is it true that there are prospects of starting off the year with distance learning? I am not sure most students would be willing to invest in these methods so I would like to know your honest views on the matter and whether you consider this to be a viable option considering the status of everything that's going around right now. Personally, I don't. However, I do respect your valuable opinion and it would be nice if you can point us towards whether or not this is being considered.

Thank you.

Hi @Aldwulf,

The Minister has answered a question similar to yours here:

2020 start date: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=88090312

Visas: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=88090470

I hope this helps :smile:

Strawberry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending