The Student Room Group

Queen Mary International relations with Business management

I am possibly looking to study this degree and potentially do a law conversion after however what are the other job prospects aside from being a laywer that this degree can offer? I like the contents of the degree but its unclear about what career paths are open to me by doing this degree. Any answers will be much appreciated
Reply 1
Political analyst, public relations/affairs officer, diplomat, lobbyist To be honest employers look at your skills and experience, everyone has a degree people can work in most fields with the right experience.
Reply 2
I see so there's flexibility and opportunities in multiple fields as long as you have the skills required that's good to know thought aside from being a lawyer it's a dead end I was getting worried. Thanks for responding
Reply 3
When you start uni just focus on getting the highest grade possible. Apply for spring week’s and insight days in your first year and internships in your 2nd yr just to gain knowledge and understanding in different fields. I was actually studying IR at Qmul before I dropped out in Dec to reapply to uni for 2024.
Reply 4
Original post by __Unknown
When you start uni just focus on getting the highest grade possible. Apply for spring week’s and insight days in your first year and internships in your 2nd yr just to gain knowledge and understanding in different fields. I was actually studying IR at Qmul before I dropped out in Dec to reapply to uni for 2024.

Hmmm I see you have your reasons for dropping out but was international relations good and you gonna apply for it again?
Reply 5
Quite a long a story but I applied for it through clearing, my original course was only available for international students in clearing. They pay more tuition fee’s so universities prioritise them over home students. Absolutely hated the course because I had no interest in it and had never studies politics previously. I tried pushing through but It got draining and I was just skipping lecture’s and seminar’s.
Reply 6
If you enjoy politics and have an interest in it you will probably enjoy it there was quite a few people in my seminars that wanted to also do a law conversion after

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending