University of Leeds Acommodation Questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
What is it like having postgrads in your flat as a first year student
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
This is a duplicate message because I wasn't sure where best to post but,
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone on here was thinking about putting down Carlton Hill as their preferred accommodation. New pictures, prices etc..are on the website and there is more in depth info on unipol site. It looks amazing with 6 sky lounges, roof terrace etc.. but with it being new I'm worried it may be really quiet or have a majority of international students( I don't mind the international aspect, I just know some groups tend to stay within their own community and I would want to be social). At the moment I'm thinking Central Village or Cityside but just curious to see if anyone is thinking about venturing into the unknown too? 🤔
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone on here was thinking about putting down Carlton Hill as their preferred accommodation. New pictures, prices etc..are on the website and there is more in depth info on unipol site. It looks amazing with 6 sky lounges, roof terrace etc.. but with it being new I'm worried it may be really quiet or have a majority of international students( I don't mind the international aspect, I just know some groups tend to stay within their own community and I would want to be social). At the moment I'm thinking Central Village or Cityside but just curious to see if anyone is thinking about venturing into the unknown too? 🤔

Hey i applied white rose through unite students privately. I have the same worry about international students as i am a very social person. I just want to be able to get along with everyone ygm?
Hey i applied white rose through unite students privately. I have the same worry about international students as i am a very social person. I just want to be able to get along with everyone ygm?

Yh, I wanted to apply privately but they're fully booked but have put them down as first choice with uni, if I don't get that then they will hopefully get carlton hill. I know they try to match up where your priorities are if you don't get your first choice. Like last year a lot that put down James Bailee got Devonshire as its next door. Charles morris, some that were unsuccessful got Henry price and ellerslie global, again due to location, price etc.. its a bit of a lottery but there are often group chats beforehand to meet your flatmates. It is what you make it at the end of the day. I'm sure you'll love white rose though! It looks amazing. Did you book it a long time ago? What floor, size flat did you go for? Jealous now :biggrin:
Yh, I wanted to apply privately but they're fully booked but have put them down as first choice with uni, if I don't get that then they will hopefully get carlton hill. I know they try to match up where your priorities are if you don't get your first choice. Like last year a lot that put down James Bailee got Devonshire as its next door. Charles morris, some that were unsuccessful got Henry price and ellerslie global, again due to location, price etc.. its a bit of a lottery but there are often group chats beforehand to meet your flatmates. It is what you make it at the end of the day. I'm sure you'll love white rose though! It looks amazing. Did you book it a long time ago? What floor, size flat did you go for? Jealous now :biggrin:

Hey! Maybe call them and ask to reserve privately on the waiting list because people do drop out in August. My brother is there now so he has told me everything and i have gone to stay there, Trust me its worth applying for the waiting-list. I booked it 3 weeks ago and managed to get the last room. Im on floor 9 with 8 people, 2 undergrad boys and 2 undergrad girls including me. 2 postgrad girls and 1 postgrad boys. It is an interesting mix of ages so i hope everything works out fine. I also hope they are all social too.
Reply 105
Hi everyone! International medical student entering Leeds in September this year, looking for recommendations for student halls, as well as things to look out for when choosing accommodation as a medical student in Leeds. Ideally, also somewhere affordable and fuss-free with good atmosphere and socials. Thanks in advance and looking forward to starting in Leeds! :biggrin:
I still haven't booked my accommodation for Leeds yet. I want to be on the campus with self catered, ensuite but I don't know which accommodation is best.
It's really surprised me about the amount of undergraduates that have booked private accommodation for their first year, I didn't even know that was a thing that undergrads did so I have missed applying for those types of private accommodation now because they are all sold out.
Can anyone recommend the nicest on campus accommodation which isn't too expensive please?
hey! i don’t know if this is anything you’d be interested in, but i have a private room, en-suite, i need to get rid of due to an unseen change in circumstances. would you be interested in this?

Original post by chocolategirl04
I still haven't booked my accommodation for Leeds yet. I want to be on the campus with self catered, ensuite but I don't know which accommodation is best.
It's really surprised me about the amount of undergraduates that have booked private accommodation for their first year, I didn't even know that was a thing that undergrads did so I have missed applying for those types of private accommodation now because they are all sold out.
Can anyone recommend the nicest on campus accommodation which isn't too expensive please?
Reply 108
Is anyone looking at Unite Student White Rose View student accommodation? If so watch my review on the link below it should then hopfully help you if you are planning to say here : https://youtu.be/wFp1slxpDJk
Reply 109
hey has anyone gotten their accom yet? im in charles morris, storm jameson west so if u are too pm me :smile:
Reply 110
Has anyone accepted Carlton Hill offer? Trying to figure out the room number in the floor plan which can be accessed through https://publicaccess.leeds.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=Q6PKTPJBK7300. Btw I'm in 31 looking for flatmates.
Hi, international student here. I got an offer to continue my master (MSc Stats) at leeds. However, I am not sure on where to look for affordable accommodation. My monthly income per month will be around 800-1200 pounds
I'm an international student going into the Medical and Surgery undergraduate degree and I am looking for a catered accommodation.. which accommodation would be closest to all of my classes?

I've been looking at Carlton Hill too, I see you've posted this quite a while ago haha do you know if its worth going there?
Original post by andreibutbetter
I've been looking at Carlton Hill too, I see you've posted this quite a while ago haha do you know if its worth going there?
have you chose your accommodation already?

Quick Reply

Latest